Jam Makes Trade For Aminu
(Bakersfield, Calif. - March 2, 2010) - In an early-morning trade, the Bakersfield Jam has swapped guard Blake Ahearn for Erie BayHawks' forward Alade Aminu.
Aminu was drafted 10th overall in the first round of the 2009 NBA D-League Draft by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants and immediately traded to Erie. In 37 games (22 starts) for the BayHawks he shot 51.1% from two-point range, averaging 12.2 points and 6.5 rebounds.
"Alade is an extremely promising young talent," Voigt said. "He is long and athletic, and has a tremendous upside as a player."
Ahearn was acquired earlier this season in a trade with the Dakota Wizards. He played 17 games (10 starts) for the Jam and averaged 14.3 points and 4.1 assists, shooting 36.7% from the field and a league-leading 93.2% from the foul line.
"We thank Blake for his efforts and wish him the best in Erie," said Jam Head Coach Will Voigt.
Aminu is expected to join the Jam in Bakersfield this week and will be in uniform for the coming weekend's back-to-back set with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at the Jam Events Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 2, 2010
- 66ers Fall To Toros To Finish Road Swing - Tulsa 66ers
- Wizards Lead Wire-To-Wire In Blowout Of T-Birds - Dakota Wizards
- Toros End Home Series on a High Note - Austin Spurs
- T-Birds Routed In Road Loss To Wizards - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Los Angeles Grabs Win Over Bakersfield - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- T-Birds Add Alleyne To Roster - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Conroy Earns Gatorade Call-Up To Houston - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Rio Grande Valley's Will Conroy Signs With Houston Rockets - G League
- Thunder Assigns Byron Mullens, Kyle Weaver To Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Idaho Hosts First Annual Nuggets Affiliate Night - Idaho Stampede
- BayHawks Acquire Sharp Shooter Ahearn - Erie BayHawks
- Jam Makes Trade For Aminu - Bakersfield Jam
- Bakersfield Reacquires Trey Johnson - Bakersfield Jam
- Sioux Falls' Reggie Williams Signs With Golden State Warriors - G League
- Oklahoma City Re-Assigns Mullens And Weaver To Tulsa 66ers - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.