Jacks Snap Colorado Curse in Overtime, 3-2
LOVELAND, CO - Todd Robinson's last second one-timer from the left point lifted the Odessa Jackalopes to a 3-2 win over the Colorado Eagles in overtime, as a sold-out of 5,289 looked on. The win was Odessa's first in eleven games at the Budweiser Events Center. Robinson's winner came with 6.7 seconds left in the sudden-death period.
Phil Plante picked up the assist on the overtime goal, feeding Robinson from the right-point. The win was also the first this season for the Jackalopes over the Eagles.
The game's scoring didn't begin until 2:41 into the second period as Kenny Corupe put the Jackalopes (10-13-1) on the board first with a goal from the right-side of the net. Jeff Pierce and Sebastien Thinel added the assists. It was Corupe's third straight game with a goal.
The Eagles (13-6-2) answered back with two goals of their own to take a 2-1 lead in the middle frame. Reigning CHL MVP, Kevin Ulanski, placed a wrist shot from the high slot in the back of the net at 4:36. Scott May then tallied a goal as the Eagles enjoyed a 5-on-3 power play and Riley Nelson's crossing pass from the right circle set up May to give Colorado the lead.
Dave Van Drunen tied the game again in period three on a rebound in front of the net at 4:14. The goal was Van Drunen's first of the season and the 50th of his pro career.
Joel Martin stopped 22 shots to pick up the win for the Jackalopes, while Kyle Jones put together a 32-save performance for the Eagles in the loss.
Odessa heads home to host the Laredo Bucks on Friday at 7:05 PM CST. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2010
- Three-Goal Third Powers Rush to Weekend Sweep of IceMen - Rapid City Rush
- Jacks Snap Colorado Curse in Overtime, 3-2 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Odessa Gets First Ever Win at BEC with OT Victory - Colorado Eagles
- 'Dogs Down Bees, 3-2, in Overtime, Close out Road Trip with 4-1-1 Mark - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavs Beat Fort Wayne, 4-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gems struggle late, fall to Mississippi 4-2 - Dayton Gems
- RiverKings Come back to Down Dayton - Mississippi RiverKings
- Savage, Brahmas Hand Mudbugs Shutout Loss - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Killer Bees Fall to Sundogs in Overtime - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- PrairieThunder Win Fourth Straight 4-1 Over Quad City on Saturday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Oilers Stop Thunder at Home - Wichita Thunder
- Savage Stones Shreveport, Texas Wins 4-0 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards Fall in Bloomington 4-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Rush Sign Defenseman Grant Farrell; Place Martin and VanderVeeken on Ir - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Sign Forward Kelly - Quad City Mallards
- Holiday Hockey Special for RiverKings Game December 21st - Mississippi RiverKings
- Game Day - RiverKings Vs. Dayton Gems - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jacks Fall in Colorado by 8-3 Final - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.