Jacks Prepare for Weekend Set at Colorado
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes dropped two of their three games last week and now prepare themselves for another three-game week, starting on Tuesday, where they close out their homestand against the Arizona Sundogs.
Last week's record: 1-2-0
Overall record: 8-12-1
Tuesday vs. Colorado, 5-2 Loss
Adam Hogg scored a hat-trick in Odessa's first meeting against the Eagles since their preseason brawl back in October. Daymen Rycroft scored Colorado's other goal in the contest. Sebastien Thinel and Jeff Pierce each scored for the Jacks.
Friday vs. Laredo, 4-1 Win
The Jackalopes scored three goals in the third period to break a 1-1 tie against the Bucks. Jeff Pierce and Mike Ramsay each scored two goals for Odessa, while Joel Martin made 18 saves as Odessa outshot Laredo 46-19 in the win.
Saturday vs. Bossier-Shreveport, 4-1 Loss
John DeCaro riddled Odessa's offense with 36 saves, and four different players scored for the Mudbugs. Todd Robinson scored Odessa's lone goal midway through the third period.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday vs. Arizona, 7:05 PM CST
It's the first meeting of the season between the Jackalopes and Sundogs. Arizona is 8-9-3 on the season and sits two points ahead of Odessa in the standings, so a win for the Jackalopes would put the two teams in a tie.
Friday vs. Colorado, 8:05 PM CST
Saturday vs. Colorado, 8:05 PM CST
It's Odessa's first trip to Colorado for the first time since their last preseason meeting. The Jackalopes have never won a hockey game in the Budweiser Events Center.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Sebastien Thinel's 10-game point streak came to an end vs. Bossier-Shreveport in Saturday's 4-1 loss.Todd Robinson's goal against the Mudbugs extended his point streak to nine games.Darryl Bootland snapped a five-game point drought assisting on Robinson's goal vs. Bossier-Shreveport.Friday's win over Laredo were the first multi-goal games for Mike Ramsay and Jeff Pierce this season.Odessa's 46 shots in their game against Laredo tied a season-high for the team this year.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2010
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Mallards' Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards' Axtell Hospitalized After Automobile Accident - Quad City Mallards
- CHL Names Summers Player of the Week - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets on the Road for Three Games in Three Nights this Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Gems Announce Jerry "The King" Lawler Promotion - Dayton Gems
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Start Home Stand Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Dayton Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Homestand Continues For Surging Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jacks Prepare for Weekend Set at Colorado - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.