ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes continue training camp this week after playing a pair of preseason games last week against the Colorado Eagles. The team will travel to Independence, MO for Friday's season opener against the Mavericks.
2009-10 Record: 48-11-5, 1st in Southern Conference
Preseason Record: 1-1-0
Thursday at Colorado, 7-3 Win
Todd Robinson tallied a goal and two assists while Pierre-Olivier Beaulieu (bohl-YOO) scored a pair of goals in the Jackalopes 7-3 win. Dominic Leveille, Mike Lesperance, and Morgan MacLean also scored goals for Odessa.
Saturday at Colorado, 1-0 Loss (Forfeit)
The game was halted by the officials at 10:34 of the third period with Odessa leading the game 3-1. The contest never resumed and was ruled a 1-0, forfeit loss for the Jackalopes.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Friday at Missouri, 7:05 PM CST
The Jackalopes open the 2010-11 regular season with their lone meeting against the Missouri Mavericks. Former Jackalopes defenseman, Scott Hillman, begins his second year behind the bench for the Mavericks. Hillman played eight seasons in a Jackalopes uniform. Both teams clinched playoff berths a season ago.
Saturday at Quad City, 7:05 PM CST
This is the first-ever meeting between the Jacks and Mallards, but somewhat of a homecoming for Odessa head coach, Paul Gillis. Gillis is the former coach of the Quad City Mallards, where he compiled a 235-112-33 record behind the bench, plus four United Hockey League finals appearances and one championship.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
Follow the Jackalopes all year long on Facebook and Twitter -- Twitter.com/ODEJackalopes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2010
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Rush Release Five from Roster - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Waive Trio - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Waive Seven Players - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nashville Predators Assign Forward to Killer Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Jackalopes Weekly - Odessa Jackalopes
- Hockey Happy Hour Tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Wrap up Exhibition Season Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- IceMen Set To Take On Riverkings - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Start Regular Season - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Sign Former NHL Draft Pick Boogaard - Laredo Bucks
- Mallards in the Community - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.