Mavericks Waive Seven Players
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced Monday the Central Hockey League team has placed seven players on waivers. The Mavericks must trim their roster to 19 players prior to opening night this Friday, October 15 at Independence Events Center.
Forwards Matthew Brenton, Jeff Broekema, Marco Guercio, and Myles Stevens along with defensemen Robby Spalding, Cody Straker and Gentry Zollars have all been waived.
Missouri will begin the regular season this Friday, October 15 against the Odessa Jackalopes at 7:05 p.m. at Independence Events Center. Tickets for all 33 regular season home games are on sale now starting at just $14 per game. Mini-plans, season tickets and group tickets are also available by calling (816) 252-7825 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2010
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Rush Release Five from Roster - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Waive Trio - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Waive Seven Players - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nashville Predators Assign Forward to Killer Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Jackalopes Weekly - Odessa Jackalopes
- Hockey Happy Hour Tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Wrap up Exhibition Season Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- IceMen Set To Take On Riverkings - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Start Regular Season - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Sign Former NHL Draft Pick Boogaard - Laredo Bucks
- Mallards in the Community - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.