IronPigs tripped up by Bisons
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (25-21) got a solid start out of Drew Anderson (0-4), but it wasn't enough as the Buffalo Bisons (20-25) won 6-2 on Sunday night at Coca-Cola Park. Anderson allowed three runs in 6 2/3 innings, his longest outing of the season.
Jordan Patterson homered off Anderson in the top of the second inning to give the Bisons a 1-0 lead. Lehigh Valley tied the game at 1-1 in the bottom of the third inning. Malquin Canelo hit a RBI double off Shawn Morimando (2-3) to score Gift Ngoepe.
Deivy Grullon hit a go-ahead home run off Morimando in the bottom of the fourth inning to give the Pigs a 2-1 lead. The home run was Grullon's ninth of the season. Buffalo tied the game at 2-2 in the top of the sixth inning against Anderson. Socrates Brito hit an RBI double to score Anthony Alford with just one out in the inning.
Reese McGuire hit a go-ahead home run off Anderson in the top of the seventh inning to give Buffalo a 3-2 lead. Anderson recorded two outs before being pulled out of the game for Josh Martin. The right-handed reliever struck out Brito to end the inning.
Josh Tols made his triple-A debut and was taxed for three runs in the top of the ninth inning. Brito hit an RBI triple that was followed by a two-run home run by Teoscar Hernandez that gave Buffalo a 6-2 lead.
Jordan Romano earned his first save of the season by pitching two scoreless innings in relief for the Bisons.
The Pigs and Bisons wrap up their series on Monday afternoon at Coca-Cola Park. First pitch is scheduled for 1:35 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 26, 2019
- Bats, tempers hot for RailRiders and Chiefs Sunday Night - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- PawSox Split Doubleheader with Thrilling Nightcap Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Nine-Run Sixth Powers Knights Past Bulls 12-4 on Sunday - Charlotte Knights
- Wings Split with PawSox - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse Comebacks Fall Short in 11-6 Loss to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Sunday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Colon Powers Bats to 7-5 Victory - Louisville Bats
- Mud Hens Allow Six-Run Inning in Loss to Bats - Toledo Mud Hens
- IronPigs tripped up by Bisons - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indy Races Back into First with Triumph over Columbus - Indianapolis Indians
- Lopez's Grand Slam Leads Stripers Past Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Syracuse Mets & Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Celebrate the True Meaning of Memorial Day - Syracuse Mets
- Game Notes: Toledo Mud Hens (18-27) at Louisville Bats (18-30) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (6:35 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Saturday Marathon Ends in 17-12 Mets Loss to RailRiders - Syracuse Mets
- Iron Pigs Spoil Larkins' Bison Debut in 8-5 Comeback Victory - Buffalo Bisons
- RailRiders open early 10-run lead, hold off Mets for fourth straight win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Service Electric Network to Televise Phillies Taxi Squad Games
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs 2020 Season Is Canceled
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6