Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (6:35 p.m.)
May 26, 2019 | 6:35 p.m. ET | Coca-Cola Park | Allentown, PA | Game # 46| Away Game # 25
BUFFALO BISONS (19-25, 4th, -6.0 North) at LEHIGH VALLEY IRONPIGS (25-20, 2nd, -0.5 North)
LHP Shawn Morimando (1-3, 8.18) vs RHP Nick Pivetta (4-1, 3.41)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
The Bisons take on the IronPigs in the third game of their four-game series this evening. Buffalo looks to bounce back offensively after not crossing the plate after their three-run fourth inning. Following this four-game set, Buffalo returns home for a series against the Syracuse Mets.
Last Game: BUF 5, LHV 8
Socrates Brito once again had a day at the plate collecting three more base hits, including one that left the ballpark in third inning. Teoscar Hernandez and Anthony Alford helped bring in the other Bison runs in the loss on Saturday. Turner Larkins went six innings in the loss giving up seven of the eight IronPig runs.
Lehigh Valley (3-5)
The Bisons and the IronPigs have met twice this year already and Lehigh Valley has taken both series wins. Buffalo will look to secure their second series win on this road trip. The teams will meet again in June back in the Nickel City 6/7-6/9.
Shawn Morimando takes the hill for the ninth time this season. The southpaw looks to continue from his last outing where he tossed four scoreless innings en route to Buffalo's shutout victory over the Rochester Red Wings on May 21st. Morimando has also struckout at least four batters in each of his last five starts.
Socrates Brito collected his second straight three-hit game in Saturday's loss. The outfielder also clubbed his first home run of the season, which also plated Anthony Alford. Over his last two games, Brito is 6-9 (.667 AVG) with 4 R, 1 2B, 1 HR, 3 RBI, and 2 BB.
Teoscar Hernandez has been anything but cold since being optioned to Buffalo. The outfielder has picked up at least one base hit in all but one of his eight games with the Bisons including three straight two-hit games.
After tying the Bison record for consecutive strikeouts with seven punchouts in his first appearance of the season, Dusty Isaacs continues to fan opposing batters. Following a three strikeout appearance in two innings of work last night, Isaacs now has 32 strikeouts in 23.2 IP. He has recorded a strikeout in 11 of his 14 appearances and has at least three in seven games this season.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (20-32) lost their second straight game against the San Diego Padres Saturday afternoon 19-4. Despite the loss, Justin Smoak and Lourdes Gurriel Jr. went deep for the Jays. Gurriel Jr. has now hit a home run in both games since being promoted back onto the big league roster. Toronto looks to avoid the sweep as they send RHP Marcus Stroman to the mound to square off against top rookie RHP Chris Paddack. First pitch at the Rogers Centre is scheduled for 1:07 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 26, 2019
- Bats, tempers hot for RailRiders and Chiefs Sunday Night - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- PawSox Split Doubleheader with Thrilling Nightcap Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Nine-Run Sixth Powers Knights Past Bulls 12-4 on Sunday - Charlotte Knights
- Wings Split with PawSox - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse Comebacks Fall Short in 11-6 Loss to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Sunday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Colon Powers Bats to 7-5 Victory - Louisville Bats
- Mud Hens Allow Six-Run Inning in Loss to Bats - Toledo Mud Hens
- IronPigs tripped up by Bisons - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indy Races Back into First with Triumph over Columbus - Indianapolis Indians
- Lopez's Grand Slam Leads Stripers Past Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Syracuse Mets & Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Celebrate the True Meaning of Memorial Day - Syracuse Mets
- Game Notes: Toledo Mud Hens (18-27) at Louisville Bats (18-30) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (6:35 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Saturday Marathon Ends in 17-12 Mets Loss to RailRiders - Syracuse Mets
- Iron Pigs Spoil Larkins' Bison Debut in 8-5 Comeback Victory - Buffalo Bisons
- RailRiders open early 10-run lead, hold off Mets for fourth straight win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons' Game Day Suites, Group Party Areas Now on Sale for 2022 Season
- Free Admission to Open House Event Saturday, October 23 at Sahlen Field
- Bisons OF Gregory Polanco Named Triple-A East Player of the Month
- Bisons Candaele, Smith Given Post-Season Honors
- Bisons' Polanco Named Triple-A East Batter of the Week