Iowa Wolves Fall in Overtime to Agua Caliente
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers defeated the Iowa Wolves, 116-108, in a back-and-forth game that went into overtime on Thursday night at the Toyota Arena.
Agua Caliente (7-1) led by 16 in the second half, but Iowa (5-3) mounted a furious rally and led by five points with less than one minute left in regulation. Minnesota Timberwolves assignee guard Leandro Bolmaro, who paced the Wolves with 25 points, scored five-straight points with his last two coming with 44.3 seconds left to put Iowa up 106-101. The Clippers responded with five consecutive points by Nate Darling. Iowa still had one final chance to win it in regulation with nine seconds left but Bolmaro's fadeway jumper was off the mark at the buzzer.
Agua Caliente won the tip in overtime and Darling was quickly fouled. He made both free throws and the Clippers scored six in a row before two-way guard McKinley Wright IV scored the Wolves only points in overtime with a driving layup. Wright finished with 19 points while center Jordy Tshimanga and forward Vincent Edwards had 15 and 13 points, respectively.
Iowa dug itself into a hole with a nearly five-minute scoring drought late in the second quarter that helped Agua Caliente take a 56-42 lead into halftime.
The Clippers increased their first-place lead to 1.5 games in the Western Conference standings while the Wolves dropped into a tie for fifth with the Texas Legends.
Iowa closes its California trip with the first meeting this year against the Stockton Kings. Tipoff is set for 9 p.m. CT and the game will be shown on NBAGLeague.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2022
- Go-Go Take Down Ignite Behind Balanced Scoring Effort - Capital City Go-Go
- Short-Handed Magic Fall Just Short to Nets - Lakeland Magic
- Second Half Struggles Stifle Charge - Cleveland Charge
- Gold Defeat the Charge 94-82 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Charge Make Roster Moves - Cleveland Charge
- Charge Announce Three Games on Bally Sports Great Lakes - Cleveland Charge
- NBA G League Announces Updates to 2021-22 Regular-Season Schedule - G League
- Game Preview: at Spurs - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Kings Start Fast, Withstand Late Stars Rally - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Wolves Fall in Overtime to Agua Caliente - Iowa Wolves
- Clippers Skirt by Wolves in OT behind Darling's Heroics - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Vipers Grasp Victory over Warriors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Spurs Push past Skyforce, 119-97 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, YMcA of Greater Des Moines Partner for John R. Grubb Teen Center Project
- Iowa Wolves Announce Guaranteed Home Dates for 2022-23
- Iowa Wolves Close Season with 124-114 Win over Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Wolves Keep Playoff Hopes Alive with 111-106 Win over Oklahoma City
- Iowa Wolves Drop Home Game to Birmingham Squadron, 114-106