Go-Go Take Down Ignite Behind Balanced Scoring Effort
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Capital City Go-Go, the NBA G League affiliate of the Washington Wizards, defeated G League Ignite, 123-115, in the two teams' first-ever meeting on Friday night in the District.
The Go-Go took their first double-digit lead of the game with 1:17 remaining in the first quarter and were never truly threatened by the Ignite again, leading by double-figures for 31 of the final 37 minutes of the game. Capital City pushed its lead to as many as 20 during the game and never allowed the Ignite to shrink the lead to fewer than eight points. The Go-Go again found success in the paint, scoring at least 68 points for the seventh time in the last 10 games.
Capital City tallied a season-high and franchise-high-tying 33 assists on 47 made baskets, as eight different Go-Go players dished an assist. Jordan Goodwin had a game-high 10 assists and narrowly missed his second triple-double of the season with 20 points and nine rebounds. Five other Go-Go players finished in double-figures, with the team shooting 58 percent from the field in the effort. Kyree Walker had 20 points in his first start of the season and Greg Monroe finished with 19 points and nine rebounds. Craig Sword added a solid effort off the bench, going 5-5 from the field (4-4 from three) and finishing with 16 points.
The Ignite were led by Jaden Hardy's game-high 31 points on 13-19 shooting and nine assists. Michael Foster Jr. added 28 points and nine rebounds, while C.J. Miles scored 17 points in his return to the Nation's Capital. The Ignite shot .597 from the field as a team and knocked down 11-of-24 threes on the night.
The Go-Go will return to regular season action on Monday, January 31 as they travel north of the border to take on Raptors 905. The Ignite will continue their East Coast tour with a trip to Delaware on Sunday at 1 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2022
- Go-Go Take Down Ignite Behind Balanced Scoring Effort - Capital City Go-Go
- Short-Handed Magic Fall Just Short to Nets - Lakeland Magic
- Second Half Struggles Stifle Charge - Cleveland Charge
- Gold Defeat the Charge 94-82 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Charge Make Roster Moves - Cleveland Charge
- Charge Announce Three Games on Bally Sports Great Lakes - Cleveland Charge
- NBA G League Announces Updates to 2021-22 Regular-Season Schedule - G League
- Game Preview: at Spurs - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Kings Start Fast, Withstand Late Stars Rally - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Wolves Fall in Overtime to Agua Caliente - Iowa Wolves
- Clippers Skirt by Wolves in OT behind Darling's Heroics - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Vipers Grasp Victory over Warriors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Spurs Push past Skyforce, 119-97 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Capital City Go-Go Stories
- Go-Go Announce Six 2022-23 Priority Dates
- Go-Go Advance to Second Round; Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over Skyhawks
- Capital City to Host College Park in NBA G League Playoffs
- Greg Monroe Earns Call-Up with Utah
- Go-Go Push Winning Streak to Five with Victory over Magic