Inman Named SAL Pitcher of the Week
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - The West Virginia Power, in conjunction with the South Atlantic League, is excited to announce that RHP Ryne Inman has been tabbed as the South Atlantic League's Pitcher of the Week from August 5-11, 2019. Inman is the second Power pitcher to earn the league's weekly honor, joining RHP Clay Chandler (April 22-28), as well as the third West Virginia player overall (INF Joseph Rosa, July 1-7).
In his only start of the week, Inman went the distance against the Lakewood BlueClaws, surrendering just three hits and no walks while striking out a career-best 12 batters to notch the Power's first-ever nine-inning complete game shutout in team history. The right-hander needed 107 pitches (80 for strikes) to work through all nine innings of West Virginia's 3-0 win over Lakewood, while his 12 punchouts tied RHP Devin Sweet for the most recorded by a Power starter this year.
The complete game victory was Inman's second of the season (June 15 at Hagerstown, seven innings), as well as the second nine-inning complete effort by a Power hurler this year (Sweet, July 28 at Rome). The Atlanta native also posted his seventh quality start of the season, third-most amongst the pitching staff (LHP Steven Moyers, 12 and Chandler, 9).
A 2015 15th-round selection out of Parkview High School (GA) by the Mariners, Inman's 24 starts are tied for the most in the South Atlantic League (24), while he is the lone hurler to spin two complete games this year. He joins Colten Schmidt (Asheville) as the only two SAL pitchers to toss a nine-inning complete game shutout this season. Inman also has the second-most strikeouts in the league (136), trailing Augusta's Seth Corry (148), while compiling the fifth-most innings (121.0) and posting the sixth-best batting average against him (.228).
The Power opens up a three-game series against the Delmarva Shorebirds Monday evening at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium, with first pitch set for 7:05 p.m. West Virginia returns home Thursday, August 15, to begin a four-game homestand against the Hagerstown Suns. The highlight of the homestand comes on Saturday, August 17, as the first 1,000 fans can get a Jarred Kelenic prospect t-shirt giveaway, courtesy of Marshall Orthopaedics. West Virginia will also host a special postgame fireworks show following the final out Saturday, presented by Constellium. For tickets and more information, call the Power at 304-344-2287 or visit www.wvpower.com.
Images from this story
West Virginia Power pitcher Ryne Inman
(Joe Williams/West Virginia Power)
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 12, 2019
- Jackets Fall 6-5 in Heartbreaker - Augusta GreenJackets
- Tourists Catch Braves Napping to Open Series - Asheville Tourists
- Beltre's Walk-Off Double Lifts Kannapolis to 7-6 Victory - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Stowers Comes Through in 10th, Dogs Walk off in Opener - Charleston RiverDogs
- 'Birds Stumble Down Stretch to Power - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Acosta Dazzles Again on Mound, RiverDogs Walk It off in 10 - Columbia Fireflies
- Four-Run Seventh Lifts Power to 4-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- Legends Catch Crawdads and Come Back from 6-Run Deficit - Lexington Legends
- Gutierrez Homers, But Claws Fall 5-4 in Hagerstown - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Eighth-Inning Run Secures Suns Victory - Hagerstown Suns
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 12 at Charleston (Game 116) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Kyle Datres Takes Home Player of the Week Award - Asheville Tourists
- Inman Named SAL Pitcher of the Week - West Virginia Power
- Game Notes (August 12) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.