Indy Eleven, Keystone Group & American Red Cross Team up for Blood Donation Drive on August 22
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven and Keystone Group are proud to partner with the Indiana Region of the American Red Cross in hosting a blood donation drive next Thursday, August 22. The drive will take place from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. in the Keystone Group offices, located in the 10th floor of the Majestic Building at 47 S. Pennsylvania Street in downtown Indianapolis.
As a reward for their efforts in combatting the current emergency blood shortage nationwide, Indy Eleven will provide each donor next Thursday with a pair of tickets to the team's "Red Out Night" game at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, August 25 vs. Charlotte Independence (6:00 p.m. kickoff).
Penske Honda and the rest of the Penske Automotive Group family will also be distributing two Red Out Night tickets to fans who donate that same day between 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. at their northside location at 4140 E. 96th Street.
Those outside the Indianapolis area are also encouraged to help, as anyone who can give blood or platelets with the American Red Cross through Aug. 29 will receive a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card via email.
Individuals can schedule an appointment at any official Red Cross blood drive across the country by using the Red Cross Blood Donor app, visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Currently, the Red Cross has less than a three-day supply of most blood types available and less than a two-day supply of type O blood. The Red Cross urges individuals across the country to roll up a sleeve today to ensure blood is available for patients across the country. A blood donation takes about an hour from start to finish, but the actual donation itself only takes about 8-10 minutes. Learn more about what to do before, during and after your blood donation at redcross.org.
To donate blood, individuals need to bring a blood donor card or driver's license or two other forms of identification that are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also must meet certain height and weight requirements.
Donors can also save up to 15 minutes at the blood drive by completing a RapidPass®. With RapidPass®, donors complete the pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online, on the day of donation, from a mobile device or computer. To complete a RapidPass®, follow the instructions at RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass or use the Red Cross Blood Donor App.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 16, 2019
- Louisville City Set for Crucial Matchup with Charleston Battery - Louisville City FC
- ATL UTD 2 Wins 2-1 against Swope Park Rangers - Atlanta United 2
- Fresno FC vs. Real Monarchs SLC Preview - Fresno FC
- Nashville SC Takes over Whiskey Jam at Winners Bar on Monday, August 19 - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Memphis 901 FC - Saturday, August 17, 2019 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Indy Eleven, Keystone Group & American Red Cross Team up for Blood Donation Drive on August 22 - Indy Eleven
- Three Things to Know: Nashville at Charlotte Independence - Nashville SC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Loudoun United FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Memphis 901 FC Ventures to Birmingham Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- NYRB II Sign Harrison, New Jersey's Omar Sowe - New York Red Bulls II
- Match Preview: Toros Face SAFC in Copa Tejas Matchup on the Road - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at El Paso Locomotive FC - August 17, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Lights FC Announce 2020 Season Ticket Pricing Plans - Las Vegas Lights FC
- San Antonio FC Hosts RGV FC in Crucial Copa Tejas Matchup - San Antonio FC
- USL X COPA90 Pioneer Inaugural "Supporters Week" Across the Championship - USL
- Visionworks Man of the Match: Pat McMahon - Louisville City FC
- Broken But Not Beaten: Gary Smith Knows His Captain's Pain - Nashville SC
- Defender Roy Miller Signs with Deportivo Saprissa - Portland Timbers 2
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Indy Eleven Clinches Playoff Berth with 2-1 Win over Bethlehem Steel FC
- Preview: Indy Eleven Looks to Continue Trek to the Top vs. Bethlehem Steel FC
- Indy Eleven Moves to Top of the East with 2-0 Win over Ottawa Fury FC
- Indy Eleven Fall Youth Soccer Clinics Kick off this Weekend
- Despite Dominant Effort, Indy Eleven Falls 1-0 at Charleston