Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Loudoun United FC
OTTAWA - Coming off a 0-0 draw at home against Birmingham in Week 22, Ottawa Fury FC will look to get back to their winning ways (KO 7:30 p.m. , OttawaFuryFC.com), as they will be visiting a side that they beat 2-0 in Loudoun United FC in early April at TD Place. Mour Samb and Kevin Oliveira were the goal scorers for Ottawa that day. Being held scoreless is not something we have been used to by the Fury this season, so a fine offensive performance could be in the cards for Nikola Popovic's squad. Worthy of note, fans could see Hadji Barry's first start in the USL as an Ottawa Fury FC player in this game.
8th-place Fury is eight points off the 4th position, but with a match in hand compared to Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC, who currently sits in 4th place.
Fury FC had a bye-week in Week 23, focusing on its Canadian Championship semi-final series. Its last USL Championship match was a 0-0 draw against Birmingham Legion FC on August 2.
This will be the second encounter between the two teams this season. The first match at TD Place ended in a 2-0 win for Ottawa.
Loudoun United FC has won two games at home this season, and has a record of 2W-2D-3L in front of their home crowd since the start of the season.
Their overall record in the Eastern Conference for this season is 5W-5D-10L.
Fury FC has a record of 2W-5D-3L on the road this season.
Fury FC new signing, Hadji Barry, made his Fury FC USL debut against Birmingham Legion FC on August 2nd, coming on in the 45th minute.
Barry spent the 2018 season with Swope Park Rangers in the USL Championship, featuring in 33 of the 34 league games that year, plus two playoff matches, scoring 19 times and providing five assists.
In 2018 with Swope, Barry set two club records: most consecutive games with a goal scored (8) and single season record for goals scored for Swope Park Rangers (17).
In total so far in his USL Championship days, Barry played 60 matches collecting 31 goals and six assists in the making.
Barry is still looking for his first goal in an Ottawa Fury FC uniform.
SCOUTING LOUDOUN UNITED FC
The quietest of the seven expansion clubs joining the USL Championship in 2019, there is much more unknown about Loudoun United FC than is known as the club is currently in its inaugural season. That said, that which is known appears on the face of it to be very positive for the long-term success of the side owned and operated by Major League Soccer's D.C. United. There is experience in goal with former Houston Dynamo shot-stopper Calle Brown returning to his home state, where he previously won a College Cup with the University of Virginia in 2014, and the club has also turned its recruiting eye overseas as it looks to bring in quality young Concacaf talent.
On the other side, the number of questions that are still to be answered mean there's going to be a lot that Loudoun United has to figure out on the fly in its first year. In a loaded Eastern Conference, that means the chances of a playoff place are probably slim, with the hope being the side will fly under the radar before jumping up and surprising some of its more experienced counterparts. (via USL Championship).
HOW TO WATCH
LIVE STREAM: OttawaFuryFC.com
TWITTER: Follow @OTTAWAFURYFC for LIVE updates #OTTvLDN #ForTheFury
VIEWING PARTY: ByTown Boys SC are hosting a viewing party at The Senate Tavern (1156 Bank St), all are welcome.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 16, 2019
- Louisville City Set for Crucial Matchup with Charleston Battery - Louisville City FC
- ATL UTD 2 Wins 2-1 against Swope Park Rangers - Atlanta United 2
- Fresno FC vs. Real Monarchs SLC Preview - Fresno FC
- Nashville SC Takes over Whiskey Jam at Winners Bar on Monday, August 19 - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. Memphis 901 FC - Saturday, August 17, 2019 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Indy Eleven, Keystone Group & American Red Cross Team up for Blood Donation Drive on August 22 - Indy Eleven
- Three Things to Know: Nashville at Charlotte Independence - Nashville SC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Loudoun United FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Memphis 901 FC Ventures to Birmingham Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- NYRB II Sign Harrison, New Jersey's Omar Sowe - New York Red Bulls II
- Match Preview: Toros Face SAFC in Copa Tejas Matchup on the Road - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at El Paso Locomotive FC - August 17, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Lights FC Announce 2020 Season Ticket Pricing Plans - Las Vegas Lights FC
- San Antonio FC Hosts RGV FC in Crucial Copa Tejas Matchup - San Antonio FC
- USL X COPA90 Pioneer Inaugural "Supporters Week" Across the Championship - USL
- Visionworks Man of the Match: Pat McMahon - Louisville City FC
- Broken But Not Beaten: Gary Smith Knows His Captain's Pain - Nashville SC
- Defender Roy Miller Signs with Deportivo Saprissa - Portland Timbers 2
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.