Indianapolis Indians Charities, Teachers' Treasures Announce Whiteboard Double Play Campaign
INDIANAPOLIS - You donate, we match! Today, Indianapolis Indians Charities (IIC) and Teachers' Treasures introduced the Whiteboard Double Play campaign, an initiative where IIC will match all donations made to Teachers' Treasures up to $10,000 through Monday, May 10. Teachers' Treasures is a nonprofit that obtains and distributes school supplies free to teachers in need. On average, teachers in Marion County spend $800-1,200 per year on school supplies for their students.
"With Central Indiana schools adjusting to a virtual, e-learning experience because of the pandemic and teachers and students now returning to their respective classrooms, the Indianapolis Indians and IIC are proud to partner with Teachers' Treasures to ensure students receive the items they need to learn and grow every day no matter the classroom setting," said Randy Lewandowski, Indianapolis Indians President and General Manager. "The Whiteboard Double Play campaign will be a home run on all accounts, and we look forward to contributing funds to this great initiative."
IIC compiled 500 booklets for students across Marion County in May 2020 and donated desks, office chairs and mini refrigerators, among other items, to Teachers' Treasures last December. Now, IIC will double the impact of every donation made to Teachers' Treasures through May 10. Donations can be made here starting as low as $5 with donation impact detailed below:
$5 = 4-pack of dry erase markers for one student
$10 = Dry erase board, 4-pack of dry erase markers and an eraser for one student
$25 = Dry erase boards and 4-packs of dry erase markers for 10 students
$50 = Dry erase boards for an entire class
$100 = Dry erase boards for two classes and a special shoutout from mascot, Rowdie
$250 = Dry erase boards for an entire school and a special shoutout from mascot, Rowdie
"Teachers' Treasures partnership with Indianapolis Indians Charities has provided a pillar of support during a turbulent year to 270+ schools within Marion County," said Alicia Van Rensburg, Teachers' Treasures Development Manager. "Through masks and distance learning, the need for personal whiteboards and supplies has been indispensable to our teachers and students."
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from May 4, 2021
- Kingery walk-off gives Pigs first win in 2021 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Swaggerty's Three-Hit Day Leads Indy in Opening Night Shutout - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Fall in Walk-Off Fashion on Opening Night - Rochester Red Wings
- Jeffers Homers, But Saints First Game as a Triple-A Affiliate Doesn'T Go as Planned in 8-2 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Baseball in Syracuse Returns with Opening Day Mets Victory over RailRiders, 5-2, on Tuesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Heineman Homers, Finnegan Crusies as Bats Fall Short - Louisville Bats
- Sounds Fall in Season Opener Despite Four Home Runs - Nashville Sounds
- Mud Hens Prevail in 8-7 Victory over Sounds - Toledo Mud Hens
- RailRiders Drop Season Debut - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (0-0) at Iowa Cubs (0-0) - Indianapolis Indians
- May 4 Game Notes - Iowa Cubs
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - May 4, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: May 4, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Voit Joins RailRiders for Opening Day on Rehab Assignment - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Tides Announce 2021 Opening Day Roster - Norfolk Tides
- Cleveland Indians & Columbus Clippers Announce 2021 Opening Roster - Columbus Clippers
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce 2021 Opening Night Roster - Gwinnett Stripers
- Indianapolis Indians Charities, Teachers' Treasures Announce Whiteboard Double Play Campaign - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Four-Run First Leads Indians to Victory
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (34-39) at St. Paul Saints (40-34)
- Colin Moran Joins Indy for Second Rehab Stint
- Indians Lose in Walk-Off Fashion, 3-2
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (34-38) at St. Paul Saints (39-34)