Independence Expected to Break Attendance Record with Stadium Expansion
Charlotte (NC) - The Charlotte Independence, a United Soccer League (USL) professional soccer team, is pleased to announce the seating expansion to the Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation's Sportsplex at Matthews Stadium. With the new seating opening a few days prior to the next home game, the Independence are already closing in a regular-season franchise attendance record with sections 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 108, 109, 110, 113, and 206 sold out.
The game on Saturday, June 16th will feature post-game fireworks and Southern Derby rivals Charleston Battery battle the home side Charlotte Independence. Gates will open at 6:30 PM ET and kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 PM ET. The first 2,500 fans to enter the stadium will receive a free Novant Health cooling towel. Tickets can be purchased online at charlotteindependence.com or by calling (704) 206-1515.
The Independence averaged 1,840 in attendance over the past four home games (a 13.2% increase over 2017 attendance), including a sellout crowd versus FC Cincinnati. At the beginning of May, the Independence opened Jack's House Soccer Bar and Retail Store for three Independence game watch parties and several other soccer viewing events. The bar features Charlotte Independence soccer beer 1775 Pale Ale by NoDa Brewing and released their FIFA World Cup viewing schedule last week.
The full Jack's House schedule and opening hours can be found at www.jackshouseclt.com. The team will next be in action on Wednesday, June 13th as the fourth-place Independence meet Atlanta United 2 at Coolray Field. Kickoff is at 7:00 PM with the official watch party taking place at Jack's House.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from June 13, 2018
- FCC scores twice to earn a point, remain in first place in USL's Eastern Conference - FC Cincinnati
- Steel FC Battles Back for Draw at Eastern Conference Leaders - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Atlanta United 2 Draw 1-1 with Charlotte Independence - Atlanta United 2
- Independence Earn Away Point Versus Atlanta - Charlotte Independence
- North Carolina FC Wins Big over Ottawa Fury FC in 4-2 Midweek Victory - North Carolina FC
- Fury FC Drop 4-2 Result in North Carolina Despite Resilient Performance - Ottawa Fury FC
- Republic FC Invites Fans to Watch World Cup Games at the Team Store - Sacramento Republic FC
- Lights FC Looks to Build on Positive Momentum in First Visit to Face Phoenix Rising FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Moloto Remembers 2010 World Cup in South Africa - Nashville SC
- USL Discipline Report - Week 14 - USL
- Former No. 1 Overall MLS SuperDraft Pick Omar Salgado Joins Lights FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- United Bid Selected to Host the 2026 FIFA World Cup, Cincinnati Among Finalist Cities - FC Cincinnati
- Independence Expected to Break Attendance Record with Stadium Expansion - Charlotte Independence
- Lights FC Partners with William Hill Sports Book - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Kevin Nagle's Statement on the United 2026 World Cup Announcement - Sacramento Republic FC
- Popovic Named Coach of the Month for May in USL - Ottawa Fury FC
- Ottawa's Popovic Named USL Coach of the Month - USL
- Match Day | Fresno FC vs. Sacramento Republic FC | June 13, 2018 | Chukchansi Park - Fresno FC
- Marcel Schafer Departs Rowdies for VFL Wolfsburg Return - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Executives Praise World Cup Decision - USL
- Putting Canada on the Map - Ottawa Fury FC
- Strong Second Half Lifts Penn FC Past Richmond for Second Straight Win - Penn FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.