Impact Wins 4-1 against Fiorentina Primavera
FLORENCE, Italy - The Montreal Impact defeated ACF Fiorentina's reserve side 4-1 Tuesday at the Centro Tecnico de Coverciano, in Florence, Italy. Mircea Ilcu, Zakaria Messoudi and Oussama Essabr scored in the victory.
Ilcu opened the scoring in the 25th minute when defender Dennis Iapichino played a cross from deep down the left flank to the Academy forward waiting far post, just outside the six-yard box. The U21 forward finished the play with a low shot towards the opposite corner.
Then a couple of minutes later, forward Andrew Wenger attempted to play a low cross through the box, but a Fiorentina defender deflected the ball into its net.
Impact U21 midfielder Zakaria Messoudi put the Impact up for good in the 55th minute when he finished a cross from deep down the right flank by defender Zarek Valentin, who found Messoudi near the penalty spot. The midfielder hammered a low, one-timer to the short post.
The home team came back with a goal in the 69th with a long-range shot that beat U21 goalkeeper Maxime Crepeau, but trialist Oussama Essabr restored the three-goal lead four minutes later (73rd minute) pouncing on a loose ball in the box.
Crepeau came up with two big saves in the 79th minute, first when he came out of his box to cut off a breakaway pass, and then diving to his right to save a shot off of a through ball seconds later.
All five of the Impact Academy players started for the Impact, while central defender Jeb Brovsky wore the captain's armband for the contest.
The two teams played two 40-minutes halves.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 13, 2012
- Round of 16 qualifiers announced for 2012 Latino del Año - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Will LA trio heal before second leg of Conference Championship" - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Wilhelmsson terrorizes Seattle in his finest showing in MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Jorge Vergara Holds First Press Conference as Chivas USA Owner - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sene Has Sights Set on Season Opener - New England Revolution
- Lucky's Pub to Host Official Dynamo Viewing Party for Second Leg of Eastern Conference Championship - Houston Dynamo
- One foot in MLS Cup" Not so fast, say guarded Galaxy - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Four Academy Players to Represent Canada - Montreal Impact
- Heading into Winter Showcase, FC Dallas' U-16 and U-18 Teams a Combined 12-2-0 - FC Dallas
- Impact Wins 4-1 against Fiorentina Primavera - Montreal Impact
- This Week in MLS - Conference Championships Decided this Sunday - MLS
- More Than 17,000 Tickets Sold for Sunday's Eastern Conference Championship Match - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire to Participate in 2013 Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.