Impact Faces the Philadelphia Union Friday in Jacksonville
ORLANDO, Florida - The Montreal Impact plays its third preseason game on Friday at 7:30pm (ET), taking on the Philadelphia Union at EverBank Field in Jacksonville.
"This game will give us another chance to see certain players against MLS level competition," said Impact assistant coach Mauro Biello. "We will have to deal with two back to back games so the lineups will be different. It'll be good for our preparation as we can evaluate some players whom haven't had a lot of time on the field."
Last season, the two clubs played on two occasions, with Philadelphia taking the first game at home 2-1 at PPL Park, on July 14.The Impact avenged the loss on August 4 at Stade Saputo, blanking the Union 2-0 on goals by Andrew Wenger and Felipe.
The game will be played outside of the Walt Disney World Pro Classic tournament, being played in Orlando. The Impact is currently tops in its group having beaten Sporting Kansas City and the Tampa Bay Rowdies (NASL), while Philadelphia is last in its group with a draw to Orlando City (UL Pro) and a loss to Columbus.
The Union made a number of changes to its roster this offseason, bringing back French forward Sebastien Le Toux to the fold, and adding former American international Conor Casey from the Colorado Rapids. Defender Jeff Parke was also brought in following the departure of former captain Carlos Valdes.
Matchup versus D.C. United The Impact returns to tournament action on Saturday at 1pm (ET) to play its third game of the Disney Pro Classic against D.C. United. The game will be streamed live onimpactmontreal.com.
The Impact needs a draw to clinch first place in Group B and with it, a spot in the championship final, set for February 23, at 8pm (ET) against the top team from Group A.
Season Tickets2013 season tickets are now available in seven categories, at a cost of $295, $385, $475, $580, $770 and $1070. You can assure your spot for the 2013 season by contacting the Impact's sales and services team at 514-328-3668. Show your support for your club by paying for your tickets using your Montreal Impact BMO credit card.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 14, 2013
- Chivas USA Arrives in Las Vegas for Preseason Friendly - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Superior Smarts Helping Caldwell Adapt to MLS - New England Revolution
- Past Experience with the Galaxy Brings Andy Riemer to the Club - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Defender Steven Beitashour Undergoes Sports Hernia Procedure - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA Signs Defenders Steve Purdy and Carlos Borja - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Impact Faces the Philadelphia Union Friday in Jacksonville - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Foundation Launches Fifth Annual Reading Garden Challenge - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Trades Defender James Riley - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United Acquires James Riley from Chivas USA - D.C. United
- Red Bulls and MSG Networks Release 2013 Television Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Single-Game Tickets Go On Sale February 18 - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Sign Houston Native Bryan Salazar to Homegrown Contract - Houston Dynamo
- Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale Saturday - New England Revolution
- Register to Run the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Behalf of the Chicago Fire Foundation - Chicago Fire
- DDC Opener Turns Physical; Tierney Injured - New England Revolution
- Revs Blanked - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Beat UCLA 7-2 in Preseason Exhibition - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Jack McBean and Charlie Rugg Shine in Galaxy's Preseason Win over UCLA - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Impact Acquires French Center Back Rudy Camacho
- Impact Launches 13th Edition of Its Stay-In-School Program
- Shamit Shome Loaned to Ottawa Fury FC for the 2018 Season
- Impact Draws the Groups for the U14 Qualification Tournament
- Impact Acquires Uruguayan International Midfielder Alejandro Silva