Register to Run the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Behalf of the Chicago Fire Foundation
CHICAGO, Ill. (Feb. 14, 2013) - The Chicago Fire Foundation, the charitable arm of the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, announced today that registration for the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon will open on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 12:00 p.m. CT at www.chicagomarathon.com. The 36th annual Bank of America Chicago Marathon will be held on Sunday, October 13, 2013. Registration will be open to the first 45,000 participants.
The Chicago Fire Foundation will join more than 100 nonprofit organizations in an effort to raise funds in the name of charity as runners from all 50 states and more than 100 countries will set out to complete the 26.2 mile race that begins and ends in Chicago's historic Grant Park. The funds raised during the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon will help support the Chicago Fire Foundation's mission of enriching the quality of life of youth and communities throughout Chicagoland by promoting health and wellness, education and the environment.
This is the fourth year in a row that the Chicago Fire Foundation has been named a charity partner of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. In 2012, Team Chicago Fire Foundation had 22 team members take part in the marathon, raising more than $18,000 for the Foundation.
Running on behalf of a charitable cause offers participants a unique and rewarding experience in addition to the accomplishment of completing a marathon itself. Each year, the event delivers a fast course and builds upon a longstanding tradition of supporting the Chicagoland economy and more than 150 nonprofit organizations which raise money to advance local, national and global causes.
All Team CFF runners receive:
- Discounted one year CARA membership and 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon training program
- Personal fundraising webpage to help meet your fundraising goal
- Team CFF Celebration at a Chicago Fire home game including two tickets to the game and on-field recognition
- Fundraising incentives including Chicago Fire team autographed items
- Additional incentives available
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 14, 2013
- Chivas USA Arrives in Las Vegas for Preseason Friendly - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Superior Smarts Helping Caldwell Adapt to MLS - New England Revolution
- Past Experience with the Galaxy Brings Andy Riemer to the Club - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Defender Steven Beitashour Undergoes Sports Hernia Procedure - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA Signs Defenders Steve Purdy and Carlos Borja - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Impact Faces the Philadelphia Union Friday in Jacksonville - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Foundation Launches Fifth Annual Reading Garden Challenge - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Trades Defender James Riley - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United Acquires James Riley from Chivas USA - D.C. United
- Red Bulls and MSG Networks Release 2013 Television Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Single-Game Tickets Go On Sale February 18 - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Sign Houston Native Bryan Salazar to Homegrown Contract - Houston Dynamo
- Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale Saturday - New England Revolution
- Register to Run the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Behalf of the Chicago Fire Foundation - Chicago Fire
- DDC Opener Turns Physical; Tierney Injured - New England Revolution
- Revs Blanked - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Beat UCLA 7-2 in Preseason Exhibition - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Jack McBean and Charlie Rugg Shine in Galaxy's Preseason Win over UCLA - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.