San Jose Earthquakes Defender Steven Beitashour Undergoes Sports Hernia Procedure
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that defender Steven Beitashour underwent a procedure to repair a sports hernia on Thursday in Santa Monica, Calif.
The San Jose native had surgery to repair a sports hernia in November of 2012. He joined the U.S. Men's National Team for training camp on Jan. 7, but returned to San Jose due to complications related to his sports hernia. Thursday's procedure was performed by Dr. Bill Hutchinson and removed scar tissue while repairing an entrapped nerve.
Beitashour started 33 of San Jose's 34 regular season games in 2012. The AT&T MLS All-Star selection had six assists last season and has 13 during his three-year career with the Earthquakes.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 14, 2013
- Chivas USA Arrives in Las Vegas for Preseason Friendly - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Superior Smarts Helping Caldwell Adapt to MLS - New England Revolution
- Past Experience with the Galaxy Brings Andy Riemer to the Club - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Defender Steven Beitashour Undergoes Sports Hernia Procedure - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA Signs Defenders Steve Purdy and Carlos Borja - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Impact Faces the Philadelphia Union Friday in Jacksonville - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Foundation Launches Fifth Annual Reading Garden Challenge - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Trades Defender James Riley - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United Acquires James Riley from Chivas USA - D.C. United
- Red Bulls and MSG Networks Release 2013 Television Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Single-Game Tickets Go On Sale February 18 - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Sign Houston Native Bryan Salazar to Homegrown Contract - Houston Dynamo
- Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale Saturday - New England Revolution
- Register to Run the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Behalf of the Chicago Fire Foundation - Chicago Fire
- DDC Opener Turns Physical; Tierney Injured - New England Revolution
- Revs Blanked - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Beat UCLA 7-2 in Preseason Exhibition - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Jack McBean and Charlie Rugg Shine in Galaxy's Preseason Win over UCLA - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.