IceMen Extend Affiliation with Winnipeg Jets
Jacksonville, FL - The Jacksonville Icemen, in conjunction with it's NHL affiliate, the Winnipeg Jets and AHL affiliate, the Manitoba Moose, today announced the renewal of the clubs' affiliation. The Jets will remain the parent club of the Icemen for the upcoming season, with an option to renew for 2019-2020.
"It's been great to work with an organization that we're on the same page with. Jets executives Mark Chipman, Kevin Cheveldayoff, Craig Heisinger, and their coaching staff--they run a first class organization that's invested a lot in our team," said Icemen head coach Jason Christie. "To be able to work with them sending players up, and being able to develop players they send down, was obviously key for us. For our guys, getting that opportunity move up to the next level was huge."
Three Icemen on ECHL contracts (Matt Ustaski, Justin Woods, and Chris Dienes) signed tryout agreements to play for the Moose during the 2017-18 campaign. In total, 13 players made it on the Moose roster at some point in the season, and three of Jacksonville's top five scorers were on NHL or AHL contracts (Elgin Pearce, Jimmy Lodge, and Bobby MacIntrye.)
"We are pleased to continue our partnership with the Jacksonville Icemen," said Jets Senior Vice President & Director of Hockey Operations/Assistant General Manager, Craig Heisinger. "The organization made huge strides on, and off, the ice in its inaugural season. We look forward to our prospects furthering their development with head coach Jason Christie and his staff."
Both the Jets and Moose made impressive playoff runs this past season with Icemen on their rosters including forward Jansen Harkins, defenseman Jan Kostalek, and goalie Jamie Phillips. Harkins also participated in the Jets Development Camp last month in Winnipeg.
Images from this story
Jacksonville Icemen and fans celebrate
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 18, 2018
- Rush Add Leibinger to Roster for Next Season - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Adds Cullen Bradshaw to 2018-2019 Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Stewart Back Between the Pipes for the Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Extend Affiliation with Winnipeg Jets - Jacksonville IceMen
- O'Connor Returns for Second Season - Toledo Walleye
- Mingo Returns to Jacksonville Blue Line - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Brings Back Iacobellis for Second Season - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Capitalize on League of Opportunity - Maine Mariners
- Alex Loh Named Adirondack Thunder Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations - Adirondack Thunder
- Howies Hockey Tape Named "Exclusive Tape and Lace Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Gladiators Re-Sign Defenders Malatesta and Stander - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.