Alex Loh Named Adirondack Thunder Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations
Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud affiliate of the NHL's New Jersey Devils, announced this morning that Alex Loh has been named Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations. Loh becomes the third Head Coach in Thunder history, following Cail MacLean and Brad Tapper, who accepted a position with the Grand Rapids Griffins earlier this offseason.
Loh, 33, has spent the past three seasons in Glens Falls serving under MacLean and Tapper. The Morrisville, VT native was the Assistant Coach for the Thunder during the first two years of his tenure before receiving a promotion to Associate Coach prior to the start of last season.
"We are proud to be able to promote from within as we've seen firsthand what Alex is capable of," Thunder Governor Ed Moore said. "He has worked under some great leaders in Cail and Brad and now it is his time to continue the progress that has been made since the franchise's beginning. With his years of experience at the AHL and ECHL levels, Alex was absolutely the best candidate for the job and we are excited to see what he can do as the leader of our team."
Prior to his time in Glens Falls, Loh spent three seasons on the coaching staff of the AHL's Portland Pirates. Loh also has experience coaching at the collegiate level with the Men's Division III program at Colby College and spent two seasons as the Head Coach of the varsity hockey program at Peoples Academy in Vermont from 2009-2011.
"It's an honor for me to be named as the next Head Coach of the Adirondack Thunder," Loh said. "I know what a high standard this organization holds its coaching staff to and I am excited to continue the great hockey tradition here in Glens Falls. I have to thank Jeff Mead, Ed Moore and the rest of the Coalition for putting their trust in me, as well as Coach MacLean and Coach Tapper for all I've learned over the past three seasons. My family and I are very excited to stay with the Thunder and I can't wait to get going on the upcoming season."
Alex is married to his wife, Desiree, and they have one daughter, Violet.
Season ticket packages for the 2018-2019 Adirondack Thunder season are on sale now. Visit ECHLThunder.com or call 518-480-3355 with any questions or for more information on ticket packages. For the latest Thunder news, be sure to follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ECHLThunder) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/ECHLThunder).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 18, 2018
- Rush Add Leibinger to Roster for Next Season - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Adds Cullen Bradshaw to 2018-2019 Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Stewart Back Between the Pipes for the Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Extend Affiliation with Winnipeg Jets - Jacksonville IceMen
- O'Connor Returns for Second Season - Toledo Walleye
- Mingo Returns to Jacksonville Blue Line - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Brings Back Iacobellis for Second Season - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Capitalize on League of Opportunity - Maine Mariners
- Alex Loh Named Adirondack Thunder Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations - Adirondack Thunder
- Howies Hockey Tape Named "Exclusive Tape and Lace Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Gladiators Re-Sign Defenders Malatesta and Stander - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Thunder Drop Back and Forth Battle against Mariners
- Garden Bros Circus Coming to Cool Insuring Arena
- Roster - Mike Szmatula Signs PTO with Utica Comets
- Adirondack Announces Pair of Roster Moves
- Thunder Set to Host Law Enforcement Appreciation Night this Weekend