Stewart Back Between the Pipes for the Cyclones
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud ECHL affiliate of the American Hockey League's (AHL) Rochester Americans and National Hockey League's (NHL) Buffalo Sabres, have re-signed goaltender Hayden Stewart to a Standard Player Contract (SPC) for the 2018-19 season.
"After spending the last part of the season with Cincinnati, I was sure I wanted to continue my career with such a great organization," commented Stewart. "I'm excited for my first full pro season with the team, and can't wait to get started in October."
A native of Rockford, IL, Steward appeared in four games for the Cyclones at the end of the 2017-18 season, posting a 2-2-0-0 record along with a 3.51 goals-against average and a .901 save percentage. Stewart came on strong, winning two of his first three games, allowing two goals in each of those wins.
Stewart completed a four-year collegiate career at Cornell University before heading to Cincinnati, appearing in 22 games and had a goals-against average of 2.13 or lower in three of his four seasons, and a save percentage of at least .923 in all but one of his seasons. He played three seasons of junior hockey in both the United States Hockey League (USHL) and North American Hockey League (NAHL), posting 37 wins in that time. He backstopped the Indiana Ice to a USHL Clark Cup Championship in 2014
The 2017-18 season has come to a close, and the march towards 2018 First Face-off is ON! The Cincinnati Cyclones want to thank you for all of your support this past season, and invite you to stay tuned in the coming weeks and months for information on tickets and promotions for the 2018-19 season, great offseason events like Concrete Clones, player signings, and MORE!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 18, 2018
- Rush Add Leibinger to Roster for Next Season - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Adds Cullen Bradshaw to 2018-2019 Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Stewart Back Between the Pipes for the Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Extend Affiliation with Winnipeg Jets - Jacksonville IceMen
- O'Connor Returns for Second Season - Toledo Walleye
- Mingo Returns to Jacksonville Blue Line - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Brings Back Iacobellis for Second Season - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Capitalize on League of Opportunity - Maine Mariners
- Alex Loh Named Adirondack Thunder Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations - Adirondack Thunder
- Howies Hockey Tape Named "Exclusive Tape and Lace Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Gladiators Re-Sign Defenders Malatesta and Stander - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.