IceHogs Ink Defensemen McArdle & Osipov to AHL Deals
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have agreed to terms with defensemen Josh McArdle and Dmitry Osipov on one-year AHL contracts that run through the 2019-20 season.
McArdle, 25, split his first full professional season between Rockford and the ECHL's Indy Fuel in 2018-19. The Roscoe, Illinois native opened the campaign with Indy and combined for one goal, five assists and 25 penalty minutes over 33 total ECHL games. He skated in eight of the Fuel's first nine contests before earning a promotion to the IceHogs on Nov. 3. McArdle then made his AHL debut the following night at Iowa to become the first alumnus of Rockford's Youth Hockey Program to play with his hometown IceHogs. He finished the year with one goal and two assists in 19 AHL contests with the Hogs, including netting his first career AHL tally on Feb. 6 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
McArdle has now totaled eight points (1g, 7a) in 43 career ECHL games over the last two seasons between Worcester (2017-18) and Indy (2018-19), and three points (1g, 2a) in 19 AHL contests with Rockford.
Prior to beginning his pro career, McArdle skated with Brown University for four seasons from 2014-18. The blueliner served as team captain during his senior season, earned Honorable Mention All-Ivy honors as an alternate captain during his junior year and completed his tenure with the Bears ranked eighth all-time in school history in games played by a defenseman. He posted 25 points (4g, 21a) in 120 games through his collegiate career.
Osipov, 22, spent the majority of the 2018-19 season with Indy, notching 13 points (1g, 12a) and 48 PIMs in 66 ECHL games. He was named the Fuel's Defenseman of the Year after finishing second among team blueliners in both PIMs and games played, and posting Indy's longest ironman streak of the season. Osipov skated in 62 consecutive games with the Fuel from Opening Night through March 15 during his streak, only ending his run when he signed a PTO with Rockford on March 16. He then chipped in two assists with 13 PIMs over eight AHL contests for the Hogs.
The Moscow native originally made his pro debut in 2017-18 with a season split between the ECHL's Quad City Mallards and AHL's Chicago Wolves. He tallied five points (1g, 4a) in 33 ECHL games that year, highlighted by his first pro goal on March 24 at Tulsa, and notched one helper in his 11 AHL games with Chicago.
Overall, Osipov has collected 18 points (2g, 16a) in 99 career ECHL games and three assists in 19 career AHL contests. The defenseman also boasts a +6 rating thus far in his AHL career, skating to an even-or-better plus/minus rating in 18 of 19 games.
Season Tickets for 2019-20 on Sale Now:
Don't miss a moment of the action next season. Reserve your seats for the IceHogs' 21st season of professional hockey in Rockford and 13th as the top AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. The IceHogs' home opener is set for Oct. 12 and ticket packages begin as low as $132 for an eight-game mini pack. Contact us at (815) 847-6399 or visit icehogs.com to claim your spots for this upcoming season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 9, 2019
- IceHogs Ink Defensemen McArdle & Osipov to AHL Deals - Rockford IceHogs
- 2019 IIHF World Championship Features 10 Current Or Former Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Utica Stampede to Take over Adirondack Bank Center this July - Utica Comets
- Condors to Host Game 5 of Pacific Division Finals Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Announce 2019 Summer Street Hockey Series - Cleveland Monsters
- Red Wings Sign Dylan McIlrath to Two-Year Extension - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Well Represented at IIHF World Championships - Belleville Senators
- Marlies to Face Charlotte Checkers in Eastern Conference Finals - Toronto Marlies
- Condors Win Dramatic 7-6 Overtime Game 3 in San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Come back to Edge Gulls in OT - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Evens Series with 2-1 Win against Chicago - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Veteran Forward Cramarossa Acquired in Exchange for Knott
- IceHogs, Versteeg Mutually Agree on Release from AHL Contract
- Warm up with the IceHogs During Stroll on State
- Sock Giveaway, Free Tickets for Service Members on Military Appreciation Night
- Hogs D-Man Ian McCoshen to Match Fan Donations for Brovember