IceDogs Bring Home a Big Point from Owen Sound
Your Niagara IceDogs made their only trip to Owen Sound tonight to take on the Attack. The IceDogs were looking to get back in the win column against a Western Conference team they will only face one other time this season.
The Attack jumped out to a 2-0 lead, and mid-way through the 'Dogs had a hole to dig themselves out of. Despite getting powerplay chances to get on the board, the Attack defenders continued to get in the way of the'Dogs chances. Matthew Philip had the best chance of the game for your IceDogs, past the midway point of the game, but the puck went just wide of the net. Despite a flurry of chances to end the 2nd period, the Attack brought a 2-0 lead into the 3rd period.
27 seconds into the third period, Kirill Maksimov, Akil Thomas and Oliver Castleman were sprung on a 3 on 2 into the Owen Sound zone, where Maksi shot the puck glove side, past the Attack's goaltender! Maksimov's thirteenth of the season got the 'Dogs on the board, and was assisted by Akil Thomas. In a weird sequence of events, Liam Ham got his first goal of the season! Hammer tapped in a shot from Danial Singer that bounced off the glass and down in front of the net. Singer and Ben Jones picked up the assists on Liam's goal. The 'Dogs pressed hard to take the go-ahead goal, but 60 minutes wasn't enough. Your IceDogs were guaranteed at least one point tonight as the game headed into overtime. The Dogs weren't able to beat the Attack's goaltender in the shootout, but came home with a big point ahead of our next game.
The 'Dogs are back in action at home on Friday as the Ottawa 67s come to town.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 24, 2017
- Rangers Endure Downward Spiral Through Second Game of Northern Swing - Kitchener Rangers
- IceDogs Hold on for a Win against 67s - Niagara IceDogs
- C.J. Clarke earned the Firebirds' lone-goal before more than 3,000 fans - Flint Firebirds
- Resilient 67's Rally Falls Short in Niagara - Ottawa 67's
- BULLDOGS WIN 6-5 WITH 3rd PERIOD COMEBACK IN OSHAWA - Hamilton Bulldogs
- OSEG Foundation Recognizes Founding Donors - Ottawa 67's
- IceDogs Bring Home a Big Point from Owen Sound - Niagara IceDogs
- Petes Secure Overtime Win in Battle of the Goaltenders - Peterborough Petes
- Otters Win Thanksgiving Game in the Shootout - Erie Otters
- Bulldogs Drop Hard Fought 3-2 Decision in Peterborough - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Late 67's Comeback Can'T Stop Erie - Ottawa 67's
- OHL this Week - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.