IceDogs Hold on for a Win against 67s
Your Niagara IceDogs were back in action tonight as the Ottawa 67s made their second visit to the Meridian Centre. The last time the 67s came to town, the game went into overtime at a scoreless draw, but Ottawa came out on top late in the extra period. The 'Dogs came into this one hungry from more points after bringing home a point from Owen Sound. All games against the 67s are sure to be exciting, and this game was no different.
Tonight's game started completely opposite to the way it did when these two teams previously played each other. Less than 4 minutes into the game, Drew Hunter threw a puck on net from the blueline that found its way past the Ottawa netminder and into the net! Akil Thomas and Kirill Maksimov each continued their point streak as they picked up the assists on Hunter's 2nd goal of the season. The first period, and much of the second featured a lot of big hits and special teams getting extra work in. Stephen Dhillon made some big saves on two 5 on 3 opportunities for the Ottawa to maintain the 1-0 score. Nearing the 5 minute mark of the 2nd period, Kirill Maksimov did what he does best, and scored his 14th goal of the season while on the powerplay! Maksi's wrister from the face-off dot was assisted by Liam Ham and Akil Thomas!
Early in the 3rd period, Philip Tomasino was sprung on a partial breakaway by Danial Singer, was hauled down in front of the Ottawa net and still got the shot off. Despite being taken down, Tomasino's shot found it's way past the Ottawa goaltender to extend our lead to 3! Danial Singer and Billy Constantinou were credited with the assists on Philip's goal! Ottawa came back with just over 6 minutes in regulation and scored twice to eliminate Stephen Dhillon's chance for a shutout. The 'Dogs held on to add 2 big home points!
Tickets are also still available for our next home game tomorrow, Saturday, November 25th, against the Mississauga Steelheads. Tomorrow nights' game is sponsored by Wawanesa Insurance. Be sure to pick up your cinch bag on the way into the game to cheer on your Niagara IceDogs. Also, visit their booth on the concourse for great giveaways!
Tickets can be purchased online, or in person at the following locations:
IceDogs Meridian Centre Offices 905-687-3641
Meridian Centre Box Office
Pen Centre Customer Service
Seaway Mall Customer Service - Shots on goal:
Big Marco's Pizza Three Stars of the Game:
1st star: Stephen Dhillon
2nd star: Kirill Maksimov
3rd star: Elijah Roberts
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 24, 2017
- Rangers Endure Downward Spiral Through Second Game of Northern Swing - Kitchener Rangers
- IceDogs Hold on for a Win against 67s - Niagara IceDogs
- C.J. Clarke earned the Firebirds' lone-goal before more than 3,000 fans - Flint Firebirds
- Resilient 67's Rally Falls Short in Niagara - Ottawa 67's
- BULLDOGS WIN 6-5 WITH 3rd PERIOD COMEBACK IN OSHAWA - Hamilton Bulldogs
- OSEG Foundation Recognizes Founding Donors - Ottawa 67's
- IceDogs Bring Home a Big Point from Owen Sound - Niagara IceDogs
- Petes Secure Overtime Win in Battle of the Goaltenders - Peterborough Petes
- Otters Win Thanksgiving Game in the Shootout - Erie Otters
- Bulldogs Drop Hard Fought 3-2 Decision in Peterborough - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Late 67's Comeback Can'T Stop Erie - Ottawa 67's
- OHL this Week - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.