Hurricanes Announce Dairy Queen Home Opener
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club, in conjunction with the Western Hockey League, have announced the Dairy Queen Home Opener for the 2021-2022 regular season which will take place on Friday, October 1st when they welcome the Calgary Hitmen to the ENMAX Centre.
It will be just the fifth time in franchise history that the Hurricanes will open a regular season against the Hitmen, with just one of those games having been played in Lethbridge. The 'Canes opened the 2002-2003 season with a 6-2 win against the Hitmen on September 20th, 2002 at the ENMAX Centre.
The Hurricanes have posted a 2-1-0-0 record with one tie in the four season openers prior against Calgary. During the shortened 2020-2021 season, the Hurricanes posted a 2-3-1-0 record in six games against the Hitmen, including a 1-2-0-0 record in three games at the ENMAX Centre.
The WHL announced earlier this week that the league will conduct a full 68-game regular season for the 2021-2022 campaign and will begin October 1st with an expected full-capacity, fan-friendly and safe environment throughout all WHL markets.
Further details on a full home and road schedule as well as training camp and exhibition dates will be announced at a later date. Season tickets are now available for purchase and renewal, the loyalty price deadline for season ticket renewals is Monday, July 5th at 4PM. Season tickets can be purchased and renewed directly on the ENMAX Centre's website at www.enmaxcentre.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 17, 2021
- CHL Import Draft Order Announced Thursday - Portland Winterhawks
- Former Hitmen Defender Egener Moving up Coaching Ranks - Red Deer Rebels
- WHL Board of Governors Extend Contract of WHL Commissioner Ron Robison - WHL
- Americans to Host Winterhawks for 2021-22 Home Opener on October 1 - Tri-City Americans
- Mike Egener Named Assistant Coach - Red Deer Rebels
- Home Opener Announced - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Hurricanes Announce Dairy Queen Home Opener - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Oil Kings Announce Home Opener for 2021-22 WHL Season - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Home Opener October 2nd vs Brandon - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.