Houston Dynamo Football Club Announce Protected Player List for 2020 MLS Expansion Draft
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo FC has protected 12 players in advance of Tuesday's MLS Expansion Draft. By protecting the players, they cannot be selected by Austin FC, Major League Soccer's 27th club and the third in the Lone Star State. The Expansion Draft is scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 15.
The full list of protected players is available below in alphabetical order.
Houston Dynamo Football Club Protected Players
FW Mateo Bajamich
MF Darwin Cerén
FW Niko Hansen
DF Sam Junqua
FW Ari Lassiter
DF Adam Lundkvist
GK Marko MariÃ¦
GK Michael Nelson
FW Darwin Quintero
FW Christian Ramirez
DF Zarek Valentin
MF MatÃas Vera
Additionally, Dynamo Academy alumni Erik McCue, Marcelo Palomino and Memo Rodriguez are classified as Homegrown Players and are not eligible for selection. Homegrown Players are defined by the draft rules procedures as players age 25 and under on a club's roster at the end of the 2020 MLS Season. The three Dynamo Academy products did not have to be included on the list of protected players for Tuesday's draft.
Austin FC may select up to five players from the eligible MLS player pool on Tuesday. Only a single player can be drafted from any one club.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 14, 2020
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: December 14, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC Announces Roster Decisions to Conclude 2020 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Announces 22 Players Protected in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Real Salt Lake
- Orlando City Goalkeeper Mason Stajduhar Loaned to NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Announces Travel Plans for the Resumption of 2020 CONCACAF Champions League - New York City FC
- Eligible Player Lists Revealed as Austin FC to Select up to Five Players this Tuesday in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Protected Players in Advance of 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Chicago Fire
- Inter Miami CF Announces Protected List for 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Announces Protected Players List Ahead of 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Nashville SC
- Colorado Rapids Release List of Protected Players Ahead of 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Colorado Rapids
- New York Red Bulls Announce Protected Players List Ahead of MLS Expansion Draft - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Announces Its 12 Protected Players Ahead of Tuesday's 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Announce Protected Player List Ahead of 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Announce Protected List for 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Philadelphia Union
- Impact Protects 12 Players for the Expansion Draft - Club de Foot Montreal
- Houston Dynamo Football Club Announce Protected Player List for 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Houston Dynamo
- Orlando City SC Announces Protected List for 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Orlando City SC
- Five Returning Veterans Will Provide Consistency, Leadership for Young Players - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 Season - Colorado Rapids
- Core of 2020 MLS Cup-Winning Columbus Crew SC Roster to Return in 2021 - Columbus Crew SC
- Revolution Re-Sign John Oliveira as Club's eMLS Competitor - New England Revolution
- Willie Nelson to Perform at Toyota Stadium for 2021 National Soccer Hall of Fame Postgame Concert - FC Dallas
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Allocation Money from Crew SC in Exchange for Keeper Evan Bush - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire FC Signs Former eMLS Cup Champion Kid M3mito - Chicago Fire
- Gordon "Fiddle" Thornsberry re-signs for 2021 eMLS season - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Goalkeeper Evan Bush Via Trade with Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.