Home Runs Lead 'Dads Past RiverDogs
Hickory, NC - The Crawdads evened the series against the Charleston RiverDogs with a 6-2 win on Friday night in front of a packed crowd of 4,437.
The 'Dads took the lead in the bottom of the third, scoring a trio of runs. Matt Whatley started things off with a single and his team-leading 15thbase of the year. He advanced to third on a wild pitch. Jax Biggers hit a triple to bring him in to score. Miguel Aparicio drove Biggers home with a single. Melvin Novoa capped off the inning with a double that scored Aparicio.
The RiverDogs responded with a pair of runs in the top of the fourth but they still trailed the 'Dads 3-2.
Kole Enright pushed the lead to two runs with his second homer in as many days.
Crawdads starting pitcher Tim Brennan pitched six innings, giving up two runs (both unearned). He struck out six and walked one as he improved to 6-2 on the season.
In the bottom of the sixth, the 'Dads added another two runs to take a 6-2 lead. Melvin Novoa walked before Sherten Apostel crushed his tenth homerun of the season.
The series continues tomorrow evening at 7pm. The first 1,000 fans will receive a free tee shirt thanks to Ducks Graphics and Kicks 103.3. Comedian Jon Reep will also be at the Frans for a meet and greet and will be raffling off merchandise throughout the night.
Images from this story
Hickory Crawdads catcher Matt Whatley
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 21, 2019
- Schmidt Masterful But Again Denied Win - Asheville Tourists
- Total Team Win as Fireflies Fight for First Win in Second Half - Columbia Fireflies
- Upshaw's Five RBI Propel Suns to 14-6 Victory - Hagerstown Suns
- Dominant Pitching Leads Kannapolis to Friday Night Victory - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Crawdads Down RiverDogs as Benches Clear in Game Two in Hickory - Charleston RiverDogs
- Home Runs Lead 'Dads Past RiverDogs - Hickory Crawdads
- Wilson Guides 'Birds to 50th Win - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Lexington Unable to Respond as Drive Takes Game Two - Lexington Legends
- Claws Fall 1-0 in 10 After Santos Throws Five Perfect Innings - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Kannapolis Pitching Continues to Shine with 6-1 Victory over Jackets - Augusta GreenJackets
- Sweet Deals, Honeyman Delivers in 1-0 Victory - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: June 21 at Asheville - Columbia Fireflies
- Shorebirds Introduce Beauchamp as Head Groundskeeper - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Game Notes (June 21) - West Virginia Power
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Take the COMET to the Ballpark on June 28 for BOGO Tickets - Columbia Fireflies
- Braves Suites Available - Rome Braves
- Vientos Homers, Fireflies Fall Short in Asheville Slugfest - Columbia Fireflies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.