Hillcats to Host Cats Cares Night on May 25
Lynchburg, Va. - The Lynchburg Hillcats are excited to announce the first annual Cats Cares Night at City Stadium. The event will take place on Saturday, May 25, when the Hillcats take on the Fayetteville Woodpeckers, A-Adv. affiliate of the Houston Astros, at 6 p.m.
All fans can enter the game for FREE, but are asked to give a donation of their choice at the box office to one of three charities, including The Society of St. Andrews, Friends of Bedford County Animal Shelter and Journey Home Foster and Adoption Services and Support.
The Society of St. Andrews is a grassroots, faith-based, hunger relief nonprofit working with all denominations to bridge the hunger gap between 96 billion pounds of food wasted every year in the United States and the nearly 40 million Americans who live in poverty.
Friends of Bedford County Animal Shelter was organized in January 2015 to support the additional needs of shelter, and homeless domestic animals of Bedford County.
Journey Home Foster and Adoption Services and Support provides support and resources to new foster families in the Lynchburg area.
"We are thrilled to introduce Cats Cares Night to our fans," said Hillcats President and General Manager, Chris Jones. "This is a new concept we came up with, designed to engage our community in a variety of charitable causes while enjoying a game at City Stadium. The community is the heartbeat of everything we do, and we're excited to explore this new avenue in giving back more."
Once again, at the box office fans will receive FREE tickets and are encouraged to donate to one of these three worthy charities.
For tickets or more information, call 434-528-1144, or visit the City Stadium box office.
The Lynchburg Hillcats are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. The Hillcats are eight-time Carolina League Champions, having most recently won the Mills Cup Championship in 2017. The Hillcats play their home games at City Stadium, which has been home to Minor League Baseball in Lynchburg since 1963. Visit the Hillcats online at Lynchburg-hillcats.com, and follow the Hillcats on Twitter (@LynHillcats), Instagram (@LynHillcats) and Facebook (Lynchburg Hillcats). For more information about the Lynchburg Hillcats, please contact Max Gun at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Winston Drops Fifth Straight in Tuesday's Loss at Myrtle - Winston-Salem Dash
- Keys and Blue Rocks Split Twinbill - Frederick Keys
- Lynchburg Falls to Carolina in Extra-Innings Thriller - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Balego, Mitchell Homer in Birds' Fifth-Straight Home Win - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Woodies Even Series Behind Strong Start From Latz - Down East Wood Ducks
- Offense Goes Quiet in 3-1 Loss to Down East - Potomac Nationals
- Walk-Off Homer by Melendez Gets Rocks Doubleheader Split - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- May 14 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (May 14 at Myrtle Beach) - Winston-Salem Dash
- May 14 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- Hillcats to Host Cats Cares Night on May 25 - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Former Mudcats Infielder Keston Hiura Earns Call to the Brewers - Carolina Mudcats
- Trea Turner to Begin Rehab Assignment with Potomac Tuesday Night - Potomac Nationals
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lynchburg Hillcats Stories
- All-Star Classic Highlights Hillcats' 2020 Schedule
- Alvarez Added to Arizona Fall League Roster
- Karinchak Makes MLB Debut, Becomes 182nd Hillcat to Make Majors
- Sulser Makes MLB Debut, Becomes 181st Hillcat to Make Majors
- Teaney Added to Arizona Fall League Roster