High Scoring Rookie Forward Perlini Joins Condors
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors and Head Coach/Director of Hockey Operations Matt O'Dette announced today that the team has signed RW Brett Perlini (per-LEE-nee).
Perlini, 22, was drafted in the seventh round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Anaheim Ducks and was in camp with their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate in Norfolk prior to his arrival in Condorstown.
"He's a skilled player with some size," O'Dette said. "We're looking to get a little bit bigger and he brings that for us. He's a big kid, but he has a lot of skill too. We're excited to have him and he's going to fit in well with our young group."
The 6'2", 201 lbs. right winger played the last four seasons at Michigan State University. As a Spartan, Perlini played 123 games, potting 36 goals and 40 assists for 76 points including back-to-back 30 point campaigns to finish off his collegiate career. His junior season, in which he registered 30 points (18g-12a) in 38 games, earned him the team's Most Outstanding Offensive Player award. As a sophomore, he was named the Most Valuable Player of the Great Lakes Invitational, netting three goals and two assists for five points in two games.
His father, Fred, was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the eighth round of the 1980 NHL Entry Draft, and played eight games for the Leafs. He went on to play 16 years professionally, the bulk of which was spent in England.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 5, 2012
- Idaho Falls in Preseason Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Bounce Back - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Take OT Win in Kalamazoo 5-4 - Toledo Walleye
- Everblades Defeat Solar Bears 6-3 in Preseason Opener - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Drop First Preseason Game 6-3 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Road Warriors Fall in Preseason Action - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Fall Short in Preseason Opener at Cincinnati - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Rally for 3-2 Preseason Win over Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Open Preseason with 4-2 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aces Confirm Pre-Season Games Will be Played at Sullivan Arena - Alaska Aces
- Powerplay Hurts Trenton in 5-1 Preseason Loss to Reading - Trenton Titans
- High Scoring Rookie Forward Perlini Joins Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - October 5 - ECHL
- Nailers / Cyclones Game Day Snapshot - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Receive Seven from Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Walleye (Preseason) - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors vs. Stockton - Pre-Season Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Zoltan Hetényi Assigned to Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Listen Live to Solar Bears Preseason Games - Orlando Solar Bears
- Defenseman Luka Vidmar Joins Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Assigned Pair from AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones 5K Run/Walk Only 8 Days Away - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades & Boost Creative Unveil New Team Website - Florida Everblades
- Special Teams Lift Reign 3-1 over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Wranglers Fold to Reign 3-1 in Preseason Match - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.