Herd Drops Season Opener against Swarm
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd fell to the Greensboro Swarm, 114-98, at Menominee Nation Arena on Friday night.
Leading the way for the Swarm was forward JP Macura, who scored a game-high 27 points, to go with six rebounds and two steals. Greensboro had five other players score in the double-figures; Devonte Graham (16), Joe Chealey (15), Chinanu Onuaku (14), Cat Barber (14) and Jaylen Barford (12). Graham earned a double-double in his team's win, dishing out 10 assists.
A bulk of Greensboro's points came from close range, as the Swarm scored 76 of their 114 points in the paint. The Swarm also shot 51 percent from the field in the game, while holding the Herd to just 39.4 percent.
Wisconsin's top scorer was Ike Nwamu, who tallied 19 points on 75 percent shooting from beyond the arc in the Herd's home loss. Much of Wisconsin's offense, however, was run through guard Travis Trice. He finished with 17 points, five assists and two rebounds.
Wisconsin looks to bounce back tomorrow against the Canton Charge at 7 p.m. at Menominee Nation Arena. Greensboro continues their road trip, to Washington, D.C. to take on the Capital City Go-Go.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 3, 2018
- Wolves Battle, Fall to Skyforce on Opening Weekend - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Windy City Falls to Grand Rapids - Windy City Bulls
- Wolves Battle, Fall to Skyforce on Opening Weekend - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Outhustle Memphis in Home Opener - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falls to Stockton in First Game of the Season - South Bay Lakers
- Charge Season Opens with Defeat - Canton Charge
- Go-Go Drop First Game to Swarm in Overtime - Capital City Go-Go
- BayHawks Take Down Magic - Erie BayHawks
- Ellenson Leads Drive to Win over Bulls - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Looks to First Win Streak at Long Island - Westchester Knicks
- De'Anthony Melton Assigned to NAZ Suns by Phoenix - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Overpowers Kings in Season Opener - Oklahoma City Blue
- Herd Drops Season Opener against Swarm - Wisconsin Herd
- Skyforce Open 30th Season with Home Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Windy City Tops Lakeland 96-71 in Season Opener - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Christian Wood Comes up Big in Fourth to Give Herd Win over Magic
- Herd Wins Double-Overtime Thriller against Blue Coats
- Wisconsin Herd Teams up with Bergstrom Automotive to Support Make-A-Wish Wisconsin
- Herd Falls to Lakers Down the Stretch
- Herd Acquires Trae Bell-Haynes