De'Anthony Melton Assigned to NAZ Suns by Phoenix
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Phoenix Suns announced today that they have assigned guard De'Anthony Melton to the Northern Arizona Suns.
He will be available for the NAZ Suns tonight as they begin their 2018-19 campaign against the Santa Cruz Warriors at the Prescott Valley Event Center at 7 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Melton (6-4, 200 pounds) will make his first trip to Prescott Valley in his first career assignment. This is Phoenix's first assignment of a player to the NAZ Suns this season. Since the NAZ Suns started in 2016-17, Phoenix has now assigned five different players to their exclusive NBA G League affiliate a total of 22 times.
Melton was selected by the Houston Rockets with the 46th overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft before Phoenix acquired him in a trade on Aug. 31. The 20-year-old has played two games for the Phoenix Suns this season, averaging 3.5 points and 1.5 steals in 11 minutes per game. He scored all seven of his season points on Oct. 31 vs. San Antonio, recording two rebounds, an assist and three steals as well in 20 minutes.
The North Hollywood, California, native played one season at the University of Southern California (2016-17), where as a freshman he averaged 8.3 points, 4.7 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.9 steals and 1.0 blocks in 36 games (25 starts). He earned honorable mention Pac-12 All-Defensive Team honors that year.
The Northern Arizona Suns begin their third season in the NBA G League tonight. Single-game tickets start at just $10 apiece, with plenty of other discounted pricing options, including the team's 4 on the Floor package, Flex Plan, Group Experience packages, or season ticket memberships. More information about all of the NAZ Suns ticket options can be found at www.nazsuns.com/tickets, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 928-772-SUNS.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 3, 2018
- Wolves Battle, Fall to Skyforce on Opening Weekend - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Windy City Falls to Grand Rapids - Windy City Bulls
- Wolves Battle, Fall to Skyforce on Opening Weekend - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Outhustle Memphis in Home Opener - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falls to Stockton in First Game of the Season - South Bay Lakers
- Charge Season Opens with Defeat - Canton Charge
- Go-Go Drop First Game to Swarm in Overtime - Capital City Go-Go
- BayHawks Take Down Magic - Erie BayHawks
- Ellenson Leads Drive to Win over Bulls - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Looks to First Win Streak at Long Island - Westchester Knicks
- De'Anthony Melton Assigned to NAZ Suns by Phoenix - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Overpowers Kings in Season Opener - Oklahoma City Blue
- Herd Drops Season Opener against Swarm - Wisconsin Herd
- Skyforce Open 30th Season with Home Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Windy City Tops Lakeland 96-71 in Season Opener - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northern Arizona Suns Stories
- NAZ Suns to Host Preseason Game against South Bay
- NAZ Suns Name Jordan Byrd, Tom Kuyper Team Broadcasters for 2019-20 Season
- NAZ Suns Roll out 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Jeff Feld Named Northern Arizona Suns General Manager
- NAZ Suns 2019-20 Single-Game Tickets on Sale