Heat Recall Richardson and Stokes from Skyforce
MIAMI, FL - The Miami HEAT announced today that they have recalled guard Josh Richardson and forward/center Jarnell Stokes from their NBA Development League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce.
Richardson appeared in two games (both starts) with the Skyforce, helping them to a perfect 2-0 record, while averaging 23.0 points, 4.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 2.50 steals, 1.50 blocks in 39.0 minutes and shooting 44.7 percent from the field. He recorded 30 points, seven rebounds, four assists, four steals and a block in a, 119-105, win at the Raptors 905 on December 31 and then posted 16 points, five assists and two blocks in a, 104-88, victory against the Raptors 905 on January 2.
Stokes has appeared in 11 games (all starts) in three different stints with the Skyforce this season, helping them to a 10-1 record over that span, while averaging 19.3 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.18 steals, 1.09 blocks in 29.0 minutes and shooting 67.2 percent from the field. He has posted four double-doubles and scored at least 20 points in six contests. Additionally, he has grabbed double-figure rebounds on five occasions and blocked multiple shots five times.
Richardson and Stokes will be available for tonight's HEAT game at Washington.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 3, 2016
- L.A. Clippers Assign Branden Dawson to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Knicks Bow out in Loss to Santa Cruz Warriors - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Fall in Wild Finish - Maine Red Claws
- Santa Cruz Finishes Road Trip with a Win at Westchester - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Hardaway Jr. from NBA Development League - Austin Spurs
- Heat Recall Richardson and Stokes from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Vipers Acquire Matt Carlino - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Charm Vipers - Texas Legends
- Jam Top D-Fenders 95-89 - Bakersfield Jam
- D-Fenders Fall to Jam at Home - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.