Jam Top D-Fenders 95-89
SEGUNDO, CA - The Bakersfield Jam (9-11) defeated the Los Angeles D-Fenders (9-10) 95-89 on Saturday night at the Toyota Sports Center. Xavier Munford led the Jam with 20 points, four rebounds and five assists.
Los Angeles jumped out to a quick 8-0 run to begin the third quarter and held a 57-51 lead at the 9:02 mark. From there, both teams battled back and forth with the Jam holding the edge 72-68 heading into the final frame. It was a tight battle in the fourth, until Bakersfield opened up an 87-80 lead with 3:35 remaining in the game. From that point on, the Jam sharpened its offensive and defensive possessions and secured the road victory.
Renaldo Major had 15 points, six rebounds and two steals off the bench, while Deonte Burton tallied 13 points. Kyle Casey added 12 points and eight rebounds.
The D-Fenders were paced by Los Angeles Lakers assignees Ryan Kelly (33 points, 4 blocks) and Tarik Black (19 points, 19 rebounds, 4 blocks). Anthony Brown, also on assignment from the Lakers, finished with nine points and five rebounds.
After being on the road for two weeks, Bakersfield returns home to play the Idaho Stampede on Monday, January 4 at 7:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 3, 2016
- L.A. Clippers Assign Branden Dawson to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Knicks Bow out in Loss to Santa Cruz Warriors - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Fall in Wild Finish - Maine Red Claws
- Santa Cruz Finishes Road Trip with a Win at Westchester - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Hardaway Jr. from NBA Development League - Austin Spurs
- Heat Recall Richardson and Stokes from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Vipers Acquire Matt Carlino - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Charm Vipers - Texas Legends
- Jam Top D-Fenders 95-89 - Bakersfield Jam
- D-Fenders Fall to Jam at Home - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.