Hawks Trade Reese
In a move designed to beef up a defense that has allowed 51.2 points per game, the Everett Hawks traded Julian Reese to the South Georgia Wildcats of the Af2 in exchange for three players:
Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Exp. College
Brian Baker QB 6'5 250 1 Austin Peavy
Tracy Flounoy OL/DL 6'3 340 R Valdosta St.
Jason Null FB/LB 6'3 260 2 None
"We needed to put some pressure on the ball", explained Director of Football Operations Darrell Fisher; "they needed some offense".
Although the players will not be active for the Hawks game against Stockton this week, both Null and Flounoy expect to be ready to play when conference leader Spokane battles the Hawks May 12th in Everett.
Chris Dixon, who saw limited action against Central Valley last week, will be the starter for the Hawks at QB, with Wes Beschorner as his back-up. Brian Baker's role on the Hawks has yet to be determined.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 4, 2006
- af2 week six Friday night matchups - af2
- Bakersfield Blitz Add New Kicker Adam Holiday - Bakersfield Blitz
- Shock Home Games Broadcast over streaming video via internet - Spokane Shock
- Hawks Trade Reese - Everett Hawks
- Quad City Steamwheelers game notes - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Amarillo Dusters game notes - Amarillo Venom
- Dorados Assigned Former NFL No. 1 Pick - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Xplorers venture out of South Division for first time - Memphis Xplorers
- Memphis Xplorers game notes - Memphis Xplorers
- af2 week six quick hitters - af2
- Wildcats Acquire Quarterback Julian Reese in Four-Man Trade - South Georgia Wildcats
- Schneider doubtful for Saturday - Alabama Vipers
- Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz game notes - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Yard Dawgz to face high-flying Talons - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Dorados Week Six Game Preview - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Blizzard To Present Special Halftime Show At Next Game - Green Bay Blizzard
- Firecats QB Chris Wallace Chasing History - Florida Firecats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.