Richey Tabbed for Record-Breaking Performance
EVERETT - The Everett Hawks and the arenafootball2 league office have announced that Hawks WR Josh Richey has been named the af2 Schutt Offensive Player of the Week for his performance last Friday night against Quad City.
Richey (6-3, 195) had one of the best games by a wide receiver in af2 history. He torched the Steamwheelers secondary for 18 receptions and 236 receiving yards, smashing franchise single-game records previously held by former Hawks receivers Hassan Brockman (14) and J.R. Thomas (228), respectively. Richey's five receiving touchdowns tied the franchise record set last season by Deontrae Johnson. The Northeastern (OK) State product's 236 receiving yards are the highest in the league this season and the fourth-highest total in af2 history. His 18 receptions are now tied for the third most in a single game in league history.
The second-year wideout leads the Hawks in receptions (59), receiving yards (667), receiving touchdowns (14) and scoring (88 points) and is among the af2 league leaders in a number of receiving categories.
"Josh is doing a great job and has taken over a leadership role on this team," said Hawks Head Coach Cedric Walker. "He's hot, so we're going to keep feeding him. This is the Josh Richey we expected to see this season."
Don't miss a minute of the exciting 2007 Everett Hawks season! The Hawks take on the Bakersfield Blitz (4-3) this Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Everett Events Center. Fans can listen to all the action live by clicking on the Listen Live! Link on www.everetthawks.com or by visiting www.broadcastmonsters.com. B2 Networks will provide a video feed of the game - also available through the Hawks web site - for just $6. Season and group tickets are still on sale and single game seats for all remaining home games can be purchased at the Everett Events Center box office. For more information on the Hawks' new two-game or four-game ticket packs, call 425.252.4874 today!
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 22, 2007
- Richey Tabbed for Record-Breaking Performance - Everett Hawks
- Copperheads Plan Visit to Concierge - Texas Copperheads
- af2 Announces Weekly Awards - af2
- Blitz Partner with Golden Empire Transit (GET) for Web Page Design Contest - Bakersfield Blitz
- Dusters Announce New Addition - Amarillo Venom
- Lubbock Renegades Weekly Notes - Lubbock Renegades
- Corpus Christi Sharks' Weekly - Corpus Christi Sharks
- WMUR'S "Dancing With The Wolves" results to be aired tonight! - Manchester Wolves
- Lubbock Renegades Honor Local Youth Athletes - Lubbock Renegades
- Shock players suspended - Spokane Shock
- Mahoning Valley Thunder game notes - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Manchester Wolves game notes - Manchester Wolves
- Blizzard Announce Date and Time of Women's Camp - Green Bay Blizzard
- Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings game notes - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.