Grizzlies have Salute to the Worst Night Friday
FRESNO Â– The Fresno Grizzlies will honor all those teams, songs, products and ideas that were exceptional...EXCEPTIONALLY BAD! Friday night, July 30th, the Grizzlies will have a "Salute to the Worst" Night at Grizzlies Stadium at that eveningÂ’s 7:05 contest between the Fresno Grizzlies and Oklahoma RedHawks.
Remember the 1962 New York Mets (40-120), the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-14), the 1972-73 Philadelphia 76ers (9-73) and the 1992-93 Ottawa Senators (10-70-4)? Well we do, and they were awful! To salute them, any fan wearing one of those teamsÂ’ paraphernalia (hat, jersey, t-shirt, etc.) will receive a free ticket to "Salute to the Worst" Night.
Have any CDs, videos or DVDs you think are the worst? Bring those out to the ballpark and trade those in for free tickets as well. Own up, and admit that you have them, and enjoy a baseball game on us.
Be sure to arrive early as the first 2,000 fans through the gates that night will receive kazoos, one of the worst and most annoying musical instruments of all time. Play that kazoo proud, especially as we do an all-kazoo rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballpark," during the 7th inning stretch.
Before the game there will also be a special autograph session featuring some of the most valued autographs around...that of GrizzliesÂ’ own interns and game day staff. Please limit the autographs to one per person, as their hands will surely get tired.
Between innings, songs, movie clips and video "highlights" will be featured of some of the worst things in recent memory.
Also between innings promotional contests will reflect the eveningÂ’s theme, including a prune juice chugging contest and a sardine eating contest. Will there really be a winner? Come to the ballpark and find out.
To reward your patience after the game there will be a spectacular fireworks display presented by Yellow Book that promises not to be the worst.
For more information on "Salute to the Worst" Night as well as all other upcoming promotions and events at Grizzlies Stadium contact the front office at (559) 442-1994 or log onto the redesigned web site at www.fresnogrizzlies.com.
â€˘ Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 28, 2004
- Trappers Down Redbirds 5-2 - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs hit four homers in win over 'Winders - Iowa Cubs
- Grizzlies have Salute to the Worst Night Friday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Tacoma Silences Sox Bats - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- RedHawks drop Fresno series opener - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Festival to visit Rosenblatt Stadium - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Isotopes stall Beavers' progress in division race - Portland Beavers
- Zephyrs, Fernandez too much for River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Trappers Unload for 12 in 12th in 15-3 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Fall To Stingers In Series Opener, 2-1 - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Tovar, Quijada Spark Grizz 7-3 Comeback against Nuts
- Diaz Extends Hit Streak in 13-3 Fresno Loss
- Grizzlies Go Nuts in First Inning, Shell Modesto 12-1 Thursday
- Grizzlies Declare July 2-4 "Fresno's Reopening Weekend"
- Fresno Victory Stolen Away from Modesto Walk-Off