Greensboro Swarm, YMCA of Greensboro Raise over $3,000 from Sale of Theme Jerseys
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, announced today that $3,083 was raised for the YMCA of Greensboro's financial assistance program from the online theme jersey auction. A total of 16 jerseys, most game worn, were sold after the team wore the sport and healthy lifestyle themed uniform at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex on February 25.
"Theme jersey nights are always special because it puts the focus, on and off the court, on our partner and the important causes they continue to impact in our community," Swarm President Steve Swetoha said. "We have a unique relationship with the YMCA of Greensboro over the last five seasons that has positively impacted our community. The YMCA of Greensboro continue to play an important role in our community and we know that the funds raised from the jerseys will benefit their impactful programming."
The YMCA version of the theme jersey focused on youth development and healthy living through sport and youth programming. In iconic teal and purple, the jersey had symbols for programs and activities prominently featured. Blended into the background of the jersey was the YMCA logo.
"Our partnership with the Greensboro Swarm is invaluable," said Rhonda Anderson, YMCA of Greensboro president and CEO. "The partnership has provided a fun, family-friendly event through the YMCA theme jersey night as well as funds for the Y's financial assistance program. With the amount of funds raised during the event, we will have the opportunity to provide additional assistance to individuals, youth, families and seniors throughout the community."
Over $15,000 has been donated to local nonprofits, including the YMCA, in team history through five theme jersey auctions since 2016.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 28, 2022
- Second Half Burst Leads Vipers Past Memphis - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Kyle Guy Returns to Charge - Cleveland Charge
- Greg Monroe Earns Call-Up with Utah - Capital City Go-Go
- Skyhawks to Debut Special Jerseys on 'Kids Night' - College Park Skyhawks
- New Orleans Pelicans Sign Jose Alvarado to Multi-Year Contract - Birmingham Squadron
- Greensboro Swarm, YMCA of Greensboro Raise over $3,000 from Sale of Theme Jerseys - Greensboro Swarm
- Juwan Morgan Signs 10-Day Contract with Boston Celtics - Maine Celtics
- Stars Close out 2021-22 Season with Three-Game Homestand - Salt Lake City Stars
- Knicks Knock off Charge 120-110 in Matinee - Westchester Knicks
- Skyhawks Win Eighth Straight - College Park Skyhawks
- Go-Go Push Winning Streak to Five with Victory over Magic - Capital City Go-Go
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.