Greensboro Bested by Capital City
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, dropped its fourth straight game after a, 130-117, defeat to the Capital City Go-Go on Thursday at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. The Swarm slide to 11-13 on the season while Capital City improve to 13-9.
Jaylen Barford led the Swarm in scoring for the eighth time this season with 27 points on 12-of-22 shooting. Joe Chealey added 17 points, eight assists and four rebounds in 31 minutes. Chinanu Onuaku had his 16th double-double of the season, recording 14 points and 11 rebounds in 35 minutes.
The Go-Go was led by a trio of 20-point scorers. Jordan McRae had a game-high 33 points along with six assists and three rebounds. Devin Robinson had 21 points, six rebounds and four assists in 32 minutes. Chris Chiozza scored 20 points on 7-of-9 shooting.
After scoring the first six points of the game, the Swarm trailed for the majority of the game. The Go-Go shot 57 percent in the first half, paced by 15 points from both McRae and Chiozza. Barford had 17 points in the first half and the Swarm faced a, 61-57, deficit at the break.
Greensboro entered the fourth quarter within striking distance, down four points (97-93). However, the Swarm shot 35 percent as team in the final 12 minutes while the Go-Go shot 65 percent, including 4-of-10 shooting from deep. Up as much as 18 points, Capital City held strong for their fifth straight victory.
Other notable performances for the Swarm include 16 points and eight rebounds from Roscoe Smith and 10 points and three rebounds for Tyler Nelson. Luke Petrasek added 10 points and four rebounds in his 14th start of the season.
Also scoring in double figures for the Go-Go was Troy Brown Jr. (14 points), Noah Allen (12) and Pe'Shon Howard (10).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Thornton and Smith Lead Drive over Suns - Grand Rapids Drive
- Fourth Quarter Proves Fatal for Suns in Grand Rapids - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Bested by Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- Pinson, Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Lakeland Magic Add Anthony Brown - Lakeland Magic
- Brown Jr., McRae and Robinson to Join Go-Go in Greensboro - Capital City Go-Go
- Westchester Knicks at Greensboro Swarm Game Time Changed - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Gets Ready for Three-Game Road Swing - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Snaps Losing Streak with Win against Suns - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm Announce 2019-20 Theme and Promotion Schedule
- Greensboro Swarm Acquires Returning Player Rights to Joel Berry II from South Bay Lakers
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Trade with Canton Charge
- Charlotte Hornets Sign Ahmed Hill to Two-Way Contract
- Greensboro Swarm Announce 2019-20 Schedule