Herd Snaps Losing Streak with Win against Suns
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, snapped a six-game losing streak with a 106-103 victory over the Northern Arizona Suns at Menominee Nation Arena on Wednesday night.
The game saw 16 lead changes with neither team securing a double-digit lead at any point in the contest.
The Herd had five players score in double-figures, led by Travis Trice and Shevon Thompson at 21 points apiece. Thompson notched his first double-double of the season, grabbing 11 rebounds. Wisconsin forward Michael Qualls finished with 18 points, 12 coming from the free throw line, and tallied 16 rebounds in the win.
As a team, Northern Arizona outshot Wisconsin, converting 44.4 percent (40-90) of their shots from the field compared to the Herd's 40.4 percent (36-89). Wisconsin gained its advantage at the free throw line, scoring 26 points from the charity stripe.
Northern Arizona was led by forward Hollis Thompson, who finished with a game-high 24 points to go with eight rebounds and two steals. Suns' guard Retin Obasohan provided a spark off the bench, finishing with 20 points, eight assists and four steals.
Wisconsin returns to action on Friday night when they take on the Windy City Bulls on the road. Northern Arizona heads to Grand Rapids tomorrow to face the Drive as part of a back-to-back road trip.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Thornton and Smith Lead Drive over Suns - Grand Rapids Drive
- Fourth Quarter Proves Fatal for Suns in Grand Rapids - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Bested by Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- Pinson, Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Lakeland Magic Add Anthony Brown - Lakeland Magic
- Brown Jr., McRae and Robinson to Join Go-Go in Greensboro - Capital City Go-Go
- Westchester Knicks at Greensboro Swarm Game Time Changed - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Gets Ready for Three-Game Road Swing - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Snaps Losing Streak with Win against Suns - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- 30 Reasons to Buy Wisconsin Herd Season Tickets
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Gerard Tarin and Draft Pick from Sioux Falls
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires D.J. Hogg and Three 2019 Draft Picks from Delaware
- Wisconsin Herd Adds to Coaching Staff
- Wisconsin Herd Announces 2019-20 Season Schedule