Brown Jr., McRae and Robinson to Join Go-Go in Greensboro
The Washington Wizards announced today that Troy Brown Jr. was assigned, and two-way players Jordan McRae and Devin Robinson will join the Capital City Go-Go, the team's NBA G League affiliate, in Greensboro for tonight's game. The trio each played the final two minutes of the Wizards' 123-106 win over the Philadelphia 76ers last night in D.C.
In six games in the NBA G League this season, Brown Jr. has averaged 18.0 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game while shooting 49.4 percent from the field (43-87). Brown Jr. has scored in double figures in all six games he has appeared with the Go-Go, most recently scoring 15 points and pulling down six rebounds against the Agua Caliente Clippers at the NBA G League Winter Showcase in his hometown of Las Vegas on December 21.
Robinson spent the last two games with the Wizards, appearing briefly in each game. Robinson scored seven points in the Wizards' loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday and two in the win on Wednesday. The Florida-product has averaged 23.3 points and 9.0 rebounds per game in his last six games with Capital City, shooting 60.7 percent from the field in the process.
During each game of the Go-Go's four-game winning streak, McRae has led the Go-Go in scoring - averaging 36.0 points and 6.5 rebounds per game. McRae is currently the only player in the NBA G League with three 40-plus-point games this season and trails only Raptors 305's Chris Boucher (28.4) in points per game at 27.8.
Meghan McPeak and Tony Massenburg will offer a simulcast call of tonight's game against Greensboro on Monumental Sports Network at 7:00 p.m as the Go-Go look to stretch their winning streak to five games.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Thornton and Smith Lead Drive over Suns - Grand Rapids Drive
- Fourth Quarter Proves Fatal for Suns in Grand Rapids - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Bested by Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- Pinson, Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Lakeland Magic Add Anthony Brown - Lakeland Magic
- Brown Jr., McRae and Robinson to Join Go-Go in Greensboro - Capital City Go-Go
- Westchester Knicks at Greensboro Swarm Game Time Changed - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Gets Ready for Three-Game Road Swing - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Snaps Losing Streak with Win against Suns - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.