Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract
PORTLAND, Maine - The Boston Celtics announced today that the team has signed guard R.J. Hunter to a two-way contract.
Hunter, a product of Georgia State, was a 1st round selection (28th overall) by Boston in the 2015 NBA Draft. During his rookie season, Hunter played 8 games on assignment with the Red Claws in 2015-16, averaging 13.8 points per game.
In 22 games this season with the Erie Bayhawks, Hunter averaged 22.0 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.0 steals per game.
Players under two-way contracts can play up to 45 days with the NBA parent team, and the rest of the season in the NBA G League. Hunter is expected to join the Red Claws tomorrow.
The Red Claws face Long Island tonight at the Expo, and take on Northern Arizona Saturday at home as well.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Thornton and Smith Lead Drive over Suns - Grand Rapids Drive
- Fourth Quarter Proves Fatal for Suns in Grand Rapids - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Bested by Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- Pinson, Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Lakeland Magic Add Anthony Brown - Lakeland Magic
- Brown Jr., McRae and Robinson to Join Go-Go in Greensboro - Capital City Go-Go
- Westchester Knicks at Greensboro Swarm Game Time Changed - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Gets Ready for Three-Game Road Swing - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Snaps Losing Streak with Win against Suns - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Red Claws Stories
- McRae's 54 Points Sinks Maine
- Suns Stun Red Claws
- Pinson, Nets Cut Down Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract
- Red Claws Rally to Win on the Road