Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract
PORTLAND, Maine - The Boston Celtics announced today that the team has signed guard R.J. Hunter to a two-way contract.
Hunter, a product of Georgia State, was a 1st round selection (28th overall) by Boston in the 2015 NBA Draft. During his rookie season, Hunter played 8 games on assignment with the Red Claws in 2015-16, averaging 13.8 points per game.
In 22 games this season with the Erie Bayhawks, Hunter averaged 22.0 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.0 steals per game.
Players under two-way contracts can play up to 45 days with the NBA parent team, and the rest of the season in the NBA G League. Hunter is expected to join the Red Claws tomorrow.
The Red Claws face Long Island tonight at the Expo, and take on Northern Arizona Saturday at home as well.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Thornton and Smith Lead Drive over Suns - Grand Rapids Drive
- Fourth Quarter Proves Fatal for Suns in Grand Rapids - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Bested by Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- Pinson, Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Lakeland Magic Add Anthony Brown - Lakeland Magic
- Brown Jr., McRae and Robinson to Join Go-Go in Greensboro - Capital City Go-Go
- Westchester Knicks at Greensboro Swarm Game Time Changed - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Gets Ready for Three-Game Road Swing - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Snaps Losing Streak with Win against Suns - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.