Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28
January 10, 2019 (GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm's game time on Thursday, February 28, against the Westchester Knicks has changed to accommodate a rescheduled 'School Day Game.' The Swarm and Knicks will tip at 11 a.m. instead of 7 p.m.
"Making this game happen for the students was very important for us," Swarm President Steve Swetoha said. "Due to inclement weather, we were unable to host the School Day Game with school closures. With cooperation from GCS, NBA G League and Westchester; we will be able to provide a memorable experience in a packed Fieldhouse for fourth grade students. We appreciate everyone coming together to help make this happen."
The original 'School Day Game' was slated for Wednesday, December 12, but a severe snow storm hit the Triad and resulted in the closure of Guilford County Schools for the week.
The rescheduled game is expected to be sold out with fourth graders from participating GCS schools.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Thornton and Smith Lead Drive over Suns - Grand Rapids Drive
- Fourth Quarter Proves Fatal for Suns in Grand Rapids - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Bested by Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- Pinson, Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Lakeland Magic Add Anthony Brown - Lakeland Magic
- Brown Jr., McRae and Robinson to Join Go-Go in Greensboro - Capital City Go-Go
- Westchester Knicks at Greensboro Swarm Game Time Changed - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Gets Ready for Three-Game Road Swing - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Snaps Losing Streak with Win against Suns - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.