Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract
BOSTON, MA - The Boston Celtics have signed guard R.J. Hunter to a two-way contract, the team announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Hunter comes to Boston having played in 22 games for the Erie Bay Hawks of the NBA G League, where he averaged 22.0 points (42.6% FG, 34.3% 3-PT, 85.6% FT), 5.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 2.0 steals, and 1.0 block in 33.2 minutes. Hunter has scored 40 or more points on two separate occasions, including a season-high 46 points on 19-of-31 shooting (8-15 3-PT) and 10 rebounds against Delaware on Dec. 29.
Hunter has connected on 72 three-point field goals with Erie, tied for the third most in the G League in 2018-19.
Originally selected by Boston with the 28th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, Hunter has played in 44 career NBA games over three seasons with the Celtics, Bulls, and Rockets.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Thornton and Smith Lead Drive over Suns - Grand Rapids Drive
- Fourth Quarter Proves Fatal for Suns in Grand Rapids - Northern Arizona Suns
- Greensboro Bested by Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- Pinson, Nets Cut Down Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Celtics Sign R.J. Hunter to Two-Way Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Lakeland Magic Add Anthony Brown - Lakeland Magic
- Brown Jr., McRae and Robinson to Join Go-Go in Greensboro - Capital City Go-Go
- Westchester Knicks at Greensboro Swarm Game Time Changed - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Gets Ready for Three-Game Road Swing - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Snaps Losing Streak with Win against Suns - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.