GreenJackets Defeat Drive 3-1 on Saturday
North Augusta, SC - The Greenville Drive's red hot offense was slowed down on Saturday night as the Augusta GreenJackets defeated the Drive 3-1 to even the series at one game apiece.
Three Augusta (20-26, 57-57) pitchers combined to hold the Drive (27-22, 52-66) offense in check. Caleb Baragar (1-2) got the win by allowing just one run over five and one-third innings with seven strikeouts. Olbis Parra finished out the sixth, then kept the Drive off the board in the next two innings as well, while John Russell worked a 1-2-3 ninth to log his sixth save.
The GreenJackets took advantage of a leadoff walk by Enmanuel De Jesus (6-4) in the bottom of the first. Malique Ziegler drew the free pass, moved to second on a sacrifice bunt, advanced to third on a single by Heliot Ramos and came home on a wild pitch.
Marino Campana put the Drive on the board in the top of the fourth with a solo home run to left field. The long ball gives Campana 16 on the season, and he was the lone Drive player with two hits in the game.
The tie game was short-lived, as Augusta took a 2-1 lead in the bottom half of the fourth on an RBI single by Ryan Kirby. A Rob Calabrese sacrifice fly in the sixth tacked on an insurance run.
The series continues on Sunday afternoon with a 5:05 first pitch. Left-hander Jhonathan Diaz (7-8, 3.71) will start for the Drive against GreenJackets right-hander Norwith Gudino (1-0, 0.00).
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rivera, Soto Homer in Loss to Tourists - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Even Series with 2-1 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Bullpen Lights out in Wire to Wire Victory - Asheville Tourists
- GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Charleston Relinquishes Two Leads in Defeat to Suns - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Top Claws with Two Late Runs on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Defeat Drive 3-1 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Win It Wire-To-Wire in Columbia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Stafford's Six RBI, Stratton's Strong Start Headline 8-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Tops Rome 8-2 Saturday - Rome Braves
- Lexington and Kannapolis Ready to Play, But Mother Nature Says 'No Way' - Lexington Legends
- Atlanta Braves Pitcher Sam Freeman in Rome on Sunday - Rome Braves
- Preview: Young Guns Bringing the Bats - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Delmarva (Game 114) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (august 11) - West Virginia Power
- Scudder's Three Hit, Two RBI Night Not Enough in Suns Loss - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Drive Stories
- Tickets on Sale Now for the 2020 College and High School Schedule at Fluor Field
- Greenville Drive Look to Better Engage Fans with StellarAlgo Partnership
- Drive Hot Stove Event Kicks-Off 15th Anniversary Season on February 3rd
- Drive Announces Coaching Staff for 15th Anniversary Season
- Greenville Drive Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball