Crawdads Even Series with 2-1 Win
Hickory, NC- The Crawdads rallied to defeat the Lakewood BlueClaws 2-1 on Saturday night. The 'Dads are currently two and a half games back of the BlueClaws for the division lead.
Hans Crouse, the number five prospect in the Rangers organization, got the start in his debut with the Crawdads. His first pitch of the night was a 97-mph fastball for a strike.
The BlueClaws managed to get a run across against Crouse in the fifth inning to take a 1-0 lead. Crouse finished the evening after six innings. He allowed three hits, two walks, and struck out three.
The Crawdads tied the game 1-1 in the seventh inning. Sam Huff hit a two-out double to center. Justin Jacobs brought him in to score with a single to right.
The 'Dads pulled ahead in the eighth with another run to take a 2-1 lead. Yonny Hernandez walked to lead off the inning and got into scoring position by stealing second base. Hernandez's 33 steals are currently second most in the South Atlantic League. Tyreque Reed hit his twenty third double of the season to score Hernandez.
The Crawdads and BlueClaws will face off again tomorrow night at 5pm for Church Bulletin Sunday presented by PDQ. Fans who bring a church bulletin can receive a discounted $6 ticket. The 'Dads will then donate $4 back to that bulletin's respective church.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rivera, Soto Homer in Loss to Tourists - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Even Series with 2-1 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Bullpen Lights out in Wire to Wire Victory - Asheville Tourists
- GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Charleston Relinquishes Two Leads in Defeat to Suns - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Top Claws with Two Late Runs on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Defeat Drive 3-1 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Win It Wire-To-Wire in Columbia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Stafford's Six RBI, Stratton's Strong Start Headline 8-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Tops Rome 8-2 Saturday - Rome Braves
- Lexington and Kannapolis Ready to Play, But Mother Nature Says 'No Way' - Lexington Legends
- Atlanta Braves Pitcher Sam Freeman in Rome on Sunday - Rome Braves
- Preview: Young Guns Bringing the Bats - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Delmarva (Game 114) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (august 11) - West Virginia Power
- Scudder's Three Hit, Two RBI Night Not Enough in Suns Loss - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.