West Virginia Tops Rome 8-2 Saturday
Rome, GA - The West Virginia Power defeated the Rome Braves Saturday night at State Mutual Stadium 8-2 before a crowd of 2,589.
The Braves grabbed an early lead with a run in the bottom of the first thanks to Jefrey Ramos' RBI single. In the fifth, the Power tied the contest when Raul Hernandez stole home on a double steal. West Virginia took a 4-1 lead in the eighth on a two-run double by Deon Stafford Jr. and Rodolfo Castro's RBI groundout. In the bottom of the inning, the Braves made it a 4-2 game on Ramos' infield single to plate a run but Deon Stafford (8) cracked a grand slam in the ninth giving the Power the insurance runs they needed for the 8-2 final.
Hunter Stratton (5-5) earns the win going seven innings allowing two runs on six hits. Rome's Cutter Dyals (4-4) gets the loss. Beau Sulser pitched the final two innings to get his sixth save.
The Braves and Power meet again tomorrow afternoon at two. For information contact the Rome Braves at 706-378-5144 or log onto www.romebraves.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rivera, Soto Homer in Loss to Tourists - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Even Series with 2-1 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Bullpen Lights out in Wire to Wire Victory - Asheville Tourists
- GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Charleston Relinquishes Two Leads in Defeat to Suns - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Top Claws with Two Late Runs on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Defeat Drive 3-1 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Win It Wire-To-Wire in Columbia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Stafford's Six RBI, Stratton's Strong Start Headline 8-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Tops Rome 8-2 Saturday - Rome Braves
- Lexington and Kannapolis Ready to Play, But Mother Nature Says 'No Way' - Lexington Legends
- Atlanta Braves Pitcher Sam Freeman in Rome on Sunday - Rome Braves
- Preview: Young Guns Bringing the Bats - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Delmarva (Game 114) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (august 11) - West Virginia Power
- Scudder's Three Hit, Two RBI Night Not Enough in Suns Loss - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.