Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night
COLUMBIA, SC - David Miranda reached base four times on Saturday night at Spirit Communications Park. The 23-year-old singled twice and earned a pair of walks in a 7-1 loss to Delmarva. Miranda has four hits and two RBIs through the first two games in this series.
Top 1: Zach Jarrett tripled and scored on a wild pitch. DEL 1 | COL 0
Top 5: Jarrett knocked in Kirvin Moesquit with a single. DEL 2 | COL 0
Bottom 5: Miranda produced a run-scoring single. DEL 2 | COL 1
Top 6: Jean Carlos Encarnacion smashed a solo home run. DEL 3 | COL 1
Top 8: Mason McCoy's two-out double plated three runs. Trevor Craport brought home McCoy with a triple. DEL 7 | COL 1
Luc Rennie made his sixth start of the season for Columbia. The 24-year-old completed six frames, struck out six batters, walked just one, and absorbed three runs.
Matt Winaker extended his on-base streak to 22 games. Winaker was hit by pitch in the first inning. The former Stanford product continues to creep closer to the longest on-base streak in franchise history (Jeremy Vasquez - 29 games).
Columbia and Delmarva play game three of this series on Sunday afternoon. First pitch is slated for 2:05 p.m. and you can listen to the action starting at 6:45 on FOX SPORTS Radio 1400 AM or online at columbiafireflies.com. The game is also available on MiLB.tv. RHP Nicolas Debora (3-3, 3.26) starts for the Fireflies and faces RHP Jhon Peluffo (4-6, 5.87).
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rivera, Soto Homer in Loss to Tourists - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Even Series with 2-1 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Bullpen Lights out in Wire to Wire Victory - Asheville Tourists
- GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Charleston Relinquishes Two Leads in Defeat to Suns - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Top Claws with Two Late Runs on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Defeat Drive 3-1 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Win It Wire-To-Wire in Columbia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Stafford's Six RBI, Stratton's Strong Start Headline 8-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Tops Rome 8-2 Saturday - Rome Braves
- Lexington and Kannapolis Ready to Play, But Mother Nature Says 'No Way' - Lexington Legends
- Atlanta Braves Pitcher Sam Freeman in Rome on Sunday - Rome Braves
- Preview: Young Guns Bringing the Bats - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Delmarva (Game 114) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (august 11) - West Virginia Power
- Scudder's Three Hit, Two RBI Night Not Enough in Suns Loss - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbia Fireflies Stories
- Mason in Search of a Trick-Or-Treating Partner
- Ballpark Digest Names Segra Park "Class A Ballpark of the Decade"
- Relive the Top 10 Moments of the Fireflies 2019 Season
- Fireflies School Supply Drive Items Donated to Two Midlands Schools
- Fireflies Close out 2019 Season in Augusta