Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night
COLUMBIA, SC - David Miranda reached base four times on Saturday night at Spirit Communications Park. The 23-year-old singled twice and earned a pair of walks in a 7-1 loss to Delmarva. Miranda has four hits and two RBIs through the first two games in this series.
Top 1: Zach Jarrett tripled and scored on a wild pitch. DEL 1 | COL 0
Top 5: Jarrett knocked in Kirvin Moesquit with a single. DEL 2 | COL 0
Bottom 5: Miranda produced a run-scoring single. DEL 2 | COL 1
Top 6: Jean Carlos Encarnacion smashed a solo home run. DEL 3 | COL 1
Top 8: Mason McCoy's two-out double plated three runs. Trevor Craport brought home McCoy with a triple. DEL 7 | COL 1
Luc Rennie made his sixth start of the season for Columbia. The 24-year-old completed six frames, struck out six batters, walked just one, and absorbed three runs.
Matt Winaker extended his on-base streak to 22 games. Winaker was hit by pitch in the first inning. The former Stanford product continues to creep closer to the longest on-base streak in franchise history (Jeremy Vasquez - 29 games).
Columbia and Delmarva play game three of this series on Sunday afternoon. First pitch is slated for 2:05 p.m. and you can listen to the action starting at 6:45 on FOX SPORTS Radio 1400 AM or online at columbiafireflies.com. The game is also available on MiLB.tv. RHP Nicolas Debora (3-3, 3.26) starts for the Fireflies and faces RHP Jhon Peluffo (4-6, 5.87).
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rivera, Soto Homer in Loss to Tourists - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Even Series with 2-1 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Bullpen Lights out in Wire to Wire Victory - Asheville Tourists
- GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Charleston Relinquishes Two Leads in Defeat to Suns - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Top Claws with Two Late Runs on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Defeat Drive 3-1 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Win It Wire-To-Wire in Columbia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Stafford's Six RBI, Stratton's Strong Start Headline 8-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Tops Rome 8-2 Saturday - Rome Braves
- Lexington and Kannapolis Ready to Play, But Mother Nature Says 'No Way' - Lexington Legends
- Atlanta Braves Pitcher Sam Freeman in Rome on Sunday - Rome Braves
- Preview: Young Guns Bringing the Bats - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Delmarva (Game 114) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (august 11) - West Virginia Power
- Scudder's Three Hit, Two RBI Night Not Enough in Suns Loss - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.