Lexington and Kannapolis Ready to Play, But Mother Nature Says 'No Way'
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - Due to inclement weather, game two between the Lexington Legends and the Kannapolis Intimidators has been postponed. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader tomorrow, August 12 beginning at 1:05 p.m. The second game will begin approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first game.
Gates will open at 11:30 a.m. for Playtime on the Outfield. Fans are invited to bring their gloves and baseballs to participate until 12 p.m. The Force will be strong with the Legends on Star Wars Day! Famed Star Wars characters will be roaming the Whitaker Bank Ballpark galaxy, patrolling the concourse and field for members of the Empire. Following the Legends game, the Bluegrass Barons Vintage baseball game will take place approximately 30 minutes after the final out! Celebrate the waning days of summer with the Kids Club during the postgame ice cream social with Legends players as well as Pie a Player! Kiddos can satisfy their sweet tooth after the game in the Stables down the first base side of Whitaker Bank Ballpark. Children will also be welcomed on the field postgame to run the bases. All kids 12 and under will receive a free ticket to the game, courtesy of JiF.
Tickets for tonight's game are good for any Legends game for the rest of the 2018 season.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rivera, Soto Homer in Loss to Tourists - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Even Series with 2-1 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Bullpen Lights out in Wire to Wire Victory - Asheville Tourists
- GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Charleston Relinquishes Two Leads in Defeat to Suns - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Top Claws with Two Late Runs on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Defeat Drive 3-1 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Win It Wire-To-Wire in Columbia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Stafford's Six RBI, Stratton's Strong Start Headline 8-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Tops Rome 8-2 Saturday - Rome Braves
- Lexington and Kannapolis Ready to Play, But Mother Nature Says 'No Way' - Lexington Legends
- Atlanta Braves Pitcher Sam Freeman in Rome on Sunday - Rome Braves
- Preview: Young Guns Bringing the Bats - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Delmarva (Game 114) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (august 11) - West Virginia Power
- Scudder's Three Hit, Two RBI Night Not Enough in Suns Loss - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Legends to Rebrand to Kentucky Beer Cheese
- Legends Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule
- Legends to Host Female Minor League Baseball Broadcasters Event
- Brooks Conrad Returns to Manage Reigning South Atlantic League Champions
- Lexington Legends Receive Bob Freitas Award as Top Single A Organization by Baseball America