GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two
North Augusta, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of San Francisco Giants, won 3-1 against the Greenville Drive (Boston Red Sox) on Saturday night to even the four game series to 1-1.
The second game of the series started off with a 25-minute rain delay, but the skies cleared and first pitch from starting GreenJackets pitcher, Caleb Baragar, came at 6:30pm. The game would go back and forth in the first few innings with the GreenJackets taking an early lead in the first inning when Malique Ziegler scored on a wild pitch.
In the 4th inning the Drive would even the score at one with a homerun from the designated hitter, Mario Campana. Augusta stormed right back in the bottom of the 4th with a run off the bat of Ryan Kirby as he singled in Jacob Gonzalez.
The GreenJackets play of the game goes to Orlando Garcia with a magnificent diving catch. Then the GreenJackets player of the game goes to Ryan Kirby for going 2-4 in the game and batting in the winning run.
The GreenJackets will be back in action again at SRP Park tomorrow, Sunday, August 12th, with first pitch being at 5:05PM (Gates at 3:30PM). Tomorrow night is Faith and Family Night #2, where we will open up the gates at early (3:30PM) for a special pre-game worship concert by: First Baptist of North Augusta. It is also our as 25th Anniversary of Sandlot Night. After the game, the GreenJackets will have a special showing of the classic movie. It is also our first annual Back to School Supply Drive presented by: WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone and SRP. Fans that bring school supplies, will be entered in to win prizes worth up to $250. The Back to School Supply Drive will go to benefiting the United Way of the CSRA. It is also a Jr. Jackets Kids day, which means kids 12 & under get in free! We will have pre-game catch on the field (4-4:30PM), face painting by: Arty Party of Augusta and post-game Moe's Southwest Grill Kids Run the Bases. Get your tickets at www.greenjacketsbaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rivera, Soto Homer in Loss to Tourists - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Even Series with 2-1 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Bullpen Lights out in Wire to Wire Victory - Asheville Tourists
- GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Charleston Relinquishes Two Leads in Defeat to Suns - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Top Claws with Two Late Runs on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Defeat Drive 3-1 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Win It Wire-To-Wire in Columbia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Stafford's Six RBI, Stratton's Strong Start Headline 8-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Tops Rome 8-2 Saturday - Rome Braves
- Lexington and Kannapolis Ready to Play, But Mother Nature Says 'No Way' - Lexington Legends
- Atlanta Braves Pitcher Sam Freeman in Rome on Sunday - Rome Braves
- Preview: Young Guns Bringing the Bats - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Delmarva (Game 114) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (august 11) - West Virginia Power
- Scudder's Three Hit, Two RBI Night Not Enough in Suns Loss - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.