GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two
North Augusta, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of San Francisco Giants, won 3-1 against the Greenville Drive (Boston Red Sox) on Saturday night to even the four game series to 1-1.
The second game of the series started off with a 25-minute rain delay, but the skies cleared and first pitch from starting GreenJackets pitcher, Caleb Baragar, came at 6:30pm. The game would go back and forth in the first few innings with the GreenJackets taking an early lead in the first inning when Malique Ziegler scored on a wild pitch.
In the 4th inning the Drive would even the score at one with a homerun from the designated hitter, Mario Campana. Augusta stormed right back in the bottom of the 4th with a run off the bat of Ryan Kirby as he singled in Jacob Gonzalez.
The GreenJackets play of the game goes to Orlando Garcia with a magnificent diving catch. Then the GreenJackets player of the game goes to Ryan Kirby for going 2-4 in the game and batting in the winning run.
The GreenJackets will be back in action again at SRP Park tomorrow, Sunday, August 12th, with first pitch being at 5:05PM (Gates at 3:30PM). Tomorrow night is Faith and Family Night #2, where we will open up the gates at early (3:30PM) for a special pre-game worship concert by: First Baptist of North Augusta. It is also our as 25th Anniversary of Sandlot Night. After the game, the GreenJackets will have a special showing of the classic movie. It is also our first annual Back to School Supply Drive presented by: WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone and SRP. Fans that bring school supplies, will be entered in to win prizes worth up to $250. The Back to School Supply Drive will go to benefiting the United Way of the CSRA. It is also a Jr. Jackets Kids day, which means kids 12 & under get in free! We will have pre-game catch on the field (4-4:30PM), face painting by: Arty Party of Augusta and post-game Moe's Southwest Grill Kids Run the Bases. Get your tickets at www.greenjacketsbaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rivera, Soto Homer in Loss to Tourists - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Even Series with 2-1 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Bullpen Lights out in Wire to Wire Victory - Asheville Tourists
- GreenJackets Bounce Back in Game Two - Augusta GreenJackets
- Charleston Relinquishes Two Leads in Defeat to Suns - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Top Claws with Two Late Runs on Saturday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Defeat Drive 3-1 on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Win It Wire-To-Wire in Columbia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Miranda Reaches Base Four Times on Saturday Night - Columbia Fireflies
- Stafford's Six RBI, Stratton's Strong Start Headline 8-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Tops Rome 8-2 Saturday - Rome Braves
- Lexington and Kannapolis Ready to Play, But Mother Nature Says 'No Way' - Lexington Legends
- Atlanta Braves Pitcher Sam Freeman in Rome on Sunday - Rome Braves
- Preview: Young Guns Bringing the Bats - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 11 vs. Delmarva (Game 114) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (august 11) - West Virginia Power
- Scudder's Three Hit, Two RBI Night Not Enough in Suns Loss - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Augusta GreenJackets Stories
- GreenJackets Awarded the Charles K. Murphy Patriot Award
- : Jackets Season Ends in Lexington
- Playoff Notes: Game 2, SALSCS at Lexington Legends, 7:05 p.m., Whitaker Bank Ballpark
- Lexington Takes Game #1 with 2-1 Victory
- Playoff Notes: Game 1, SALSCS vs Lexington Legends, 7:05 p.m., SRP Park