GreenJackets Announce 2020 Schedule
NORTH AUGUSTA, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, in conjunction with the South Atlantic League, have announced their 2020 schedule at SRP Park.
The GreenJackets will open up their third season at SRP Park on Thursday, April 16th against the Rome Braves (Atlanta Braves). During the first homestand, the GreenJackets will also welcome the Lexington Legends (Kansas City Royals) from Monday, April 20th-Wednesday, April 22nd.
"The second season at SRP Park was a major success and the GreenJackets front office is working harder than ever to make year three a success," GreenJackets Vice President Tom Denlinger said. "Mark your calendars to join us on April 16th because you won't want to miss it!"
The 2019 campaign begins against the Columbia Fireflies (New York Mets) at Segra Park on Thursday, April 9th. The 140-game season ends at SRP Park on Monday, September 7th against the West Virginia Power (Seattle Mariners) with a Labor Day Celebration. There will be 14 total homestands. The home slate will feature six Monday games, ten Tuesday games, 11 Wednesday games, ten Thursday games, 11 Friday games, 11 Saturday games, and 11 Sunday games.
The entire 140-game schedule will be completed in 152 days and will include twelve off-days including the three-day All-Star Break which will be held June 22nd-24th. The All-Star Game will take place at State Mutual Stadium, home of the Rome Braves (Atlanta Braves).
The GreenJackets will play at home on Mother's Day (May 10th), Father's Day (June 21st), and Labor Day (September 7th). The GreenJackets will play every team in the South Atlantic League at least once in 2020. The only team to not make the trip to SRP Park will be the Hickory Crawdads (Texas Rangers).
There are only ten opportunities left to catch your Jackets at SRP Park in 2019. Playoffs are on the line and each game is packed with FUN for the whole family. We encourage fans to #GreenOut SRP Park as we make a push for our first playoff appearance since 2013. For more information, fans can go to the SRP Park Box office, visit GreenJacketsbaseball.com or call (803) 349-WINS (9467).
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Five-Run Third Fuels Fantastic Friday Night Fireflies Victory - Columbia Fireflies
- Zangari Homers in Kannapolis' 2-1 Extra Inning Loss - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Suns Claim 4-1 Win Behind Mendoza Bomb - Hagerstown Suns
- RiverDogs Fall in Early Hole, Drop Second Straight - Charleston RiverDogs
- Offense Slams RiverDogs as Tourists Keep Rolling - Asheville Tourists
- 'Birds Pound Three Homers, Blank 'Claws - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Hickory Edges Drive, 1-0, on Friday - Greenville Drive
- Greensboro Walks-It-Off 4-3 over Jackets - Augusta GreenJackets
- De Los Santos' Quality Start Not Enough in 4-1 Loss - West Virginia Power
- GreenJackets Announce 2020 Schedule - Augusta GreenJackets
- Shewmake promoted to Double-A Mississippi - Rome Braves
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (August 16) - West Virginia Power
- Ballpark Festival of Beers Postponed to Saturday, October 19 - Charleston RiverDogs
- RiverDogs' Helen McGuckin Night Tabbed as MiLB's July Promotion of the Month - Charleston RiverDogs
- RiverDogs to Honor Charleston in Penultimate Homestand - Charleston RiverDogs
- Fireflies Sink Braves with 8th Inning Rally - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.